First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This popped up in one of my newsfeeds tonight:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-ranger-forums-blowing-up-with-problems/

Now I’ve never heard of “MotorBiscuit” and as an avid reader of Truck/Car stuff I don’t really think this is a great source of info but I did think it’s interesting how they quoted our buddy @P.A. Schilke in it.

Not sure if they had your permission @Phil (or if they even need it because this is a public forum) but clearly lazy journalism as they are merely scouring the forums for “content” to publish on their Site.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've never heard of them either. Definitely a click bate hack piece,the title make you assume that the Ranger is full of problems. I was expecting to see this big long list and there was just a few problems listed. Hey @P. A. Schalke you're now famous lol :rockon:

According to Phil Schilke, a Ford Ranger engineer, you can loosen the center bearing bolts once the Ranger is put in Park. Bounce the front and rear a few times, then reassemble it. Making sure all of the U-joints are operating on the same plane is another idea worth looking at.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm not even sure how that passes as journalism; but, alas, that's the world we live in now, isn't it. His article is filled with errors, logical fallacies, and unverified sources. I was going to leave a comment but they don't have the brass balls to allow them.

Retamaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Magnetic Sport, 2020 Genesis G80 3.8L
I saw that too. I was "What?", "Who???"

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
The author must be desperate for ad impressions or owns a Tacoma with a bad frame. The ranger is going to start eating away at the "resale value" they never shut up about.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I have not been asked for permission from anyone. I have clearly stated that I am retired and this needs to be put into any articles published where I am quoted IMO! I certainly am not gong to lawyer up for this kind of crap...not worth-it....Sigh....:(:(:(

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
PC74

PC74

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hi Folks,

I have not been asked for permission from anyone. I have clearly stated that I am retired and this needs to be put into any articles published where I am quoted IMO! I certainly am not gong to lawyer up for this kind of crap...not worth-it....Sigh....:(:(:(

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
That was actually my biggest concern/question about the article, Phil. Glad we were able to bring it to your attention - I'd send a stern letter to them too.
Please let us know how it goes!

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
This "Shit Burger" piece has popped up a couple of times in a couple of places in the last sever weeks in one form or another. One piece referenced this form specifically and I thought "Damn how did I miss that thread?" My take is someone has a hardon for Ford and Rangers in particular.
I have not experienced this in my Ranger but I did in the Explorer Sports I owned previously and was TOTALLY unconcerned with it because it was such a minor thing and because I have a "Super Sensitive Ass" that feels vibrations no matter how minute, it's a "Super Power" developed from years of helicopter flying where everything vibrates but you have to be able to tell when something isn't or is vibrating properly.
And Phil was already famous before this piece... :)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I has sent a direct email to the POS "author" Thom Taylor and demanded the article be revised to indicate I am retired. We will see what response he sends if any. I will save the email for documentation. Since I have free access to legal help through Ford, I will be discussing with my Arizona attorney if there are any further steps I can or should take. This crap type article is not going to stop me from trying to help where I can or to provide back stories to understand how the Auto industry works through my personal experiences.

Best,
Phi Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Good to hear that you're doing something about crappy journalism.

I've got a couple thousand miles on my truck already in a month and I haven't had any issues like they described. Maybe just a tiny slight bit of roughness when starting out from 0 to 10 miles an hour if I'm on the throttle hard but it was nothing for me to get excited about.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Okay...I received a rejection to my email....Seems to me Thom Taylor blocks emails from folks that post negative things about his POS website. Not sure where this is headed, but is suspect he is fully aware of my attempted contact. What a flaimin' Ahole!

Now to contact my attorney after Jan 1...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"I certainly am not gong to lawyer up for this kind of crap...not worth-it....Sigh....:(:(:("

well that didnt last long......
Hi RP,

Not lawyering up...taking advantage of what is provide to me...at no cost... This POS will not even respond, so my guess is he knows he is on thin ice. Problem is I do not know how thin...the consultation will tell me how thin....costs me nothing... Best of worlds he just takes the article down... if not and I get heat from Ford, I know how many bullets I have to load into my legal gun....

We have a intellectually challenged daughter that live in our Condo in Mi, and the HOA wants to throw her out as she is a "retard". Our "retard" works a 40 hour week at a school system that has to school severely handicapped individuals until they are 26 years old...She pays her taxes and is a contributing member of Society. It is just the fact that she is a very simple person that loves animals, Mickey Mouse and most humans. The HOA tried to threaten us, so my consultation with my MI lawyer put 5 bullets in my gun...I called the HOA and you could hear the President's sphincter tighten as he had no ground from which to support the board claim... This is not lawyering up but is to be informed of where my rights are.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Hi RP,

Not lawyering up...taking advantage of what is provide to me...at no cost... This POS will not even respond, so my guess is he knows he is on thin ice. Problem is I do not know how thin...the consultation will tell me how thin....costs me nothing... Best of worlds he just takes the article down... if not and I get heat from Ford, I know how many bullets I have to load into my legal gun....

We have a intellectually challenged daughter that live in our Condo in Mi, and the HOA wants to throw her out as she is a "retard". Our "retard" works a 40 hour week at a school system that has to school severely handicapped individuals until they are 26 years old...She pays her taxes and is a contributing member of Society. It is just the fact that she is a very simple person that loves animals, Mickey Mouse and most humans. The HOA tried to threaten us, so my consultation with my MI lawyer put 5 bullets in my gun...I called the HOA and you could hear the President's sphincter tighten as he had no ground from which to support the board claim... This is not lawyering up but is to be informed of where my rights are.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired.
I agree with you. I have the same no cost lawyers where I’m at. I can understand your progression on this matter. You tried to contact said idiot and peacefully try and resolve the small conflict. He has responded negatively and now your choice is left with what you originally balked at. Completely understandable, and not sure why anyone else can’t figure out why you are resorting to it. Same kinda people I guess.................
Sponsored