More suggestions for selling factory sport wheels?

awelzel

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A Supercrew in Black
Vehicle Showcase
Just a warning shipping is not has cheap as you think. I have had a couple offers for my grille from people in Texas and the Midwest. Went to look up the estimated shipping cost through UPS, FedEx and USPS and all estimates were over $100. That was also for the slowest arrival time as well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Just a warning shipping is not has cheap as you think. I have had a couple offers for my grille from people in Texas and the Midwest. Went to look up the estimated shipping cost through UPS, FedEx and USPS and all estimates were over $100.
Oh yea for sure. For shits n' giggles I estimated my shipping cost (standard ground) through the two main guys to New York, New York from here in GA and based on dimensions of box and weight it was $160-$200. If I'm lucky a buyer won't be nearly that far away. haha

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Oh yea for sure. For shits n' giggles I estimated my shipping cost (standard ground) through the two main guys to New York, New York from here in GA and based on dimensions of box and weight it was $160-$200. If I'm lucky a buyer won't be nearly that far away. haha
I shipped 4 tires and wheels from Georgia to Delaware through Tractor Supply for $140

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I've shipped some harley wheels....I have a buddy with a UPS corporate account an I ship through it an I save close to half. I shipped a set of cobra wheels via Fed Ex ground an opening an online account saved me 10 percent. I just bubble wrapped them an taped the snot out of them an shipped them to keep packing weight down. They only went about 5 hours away so it wasn't bad. I have 17" wheels an a 16" spare, when I go to larger tires I'm going to look for one take off for a matching size spare. I would think someone that bought an XL might be interested in them as a cheap upgrade but you have to make the price attractive.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Maybe post them up as individuals im sure there are some people that want to replace the spare with a matching one like myself. But I'm really limited in Hawaii, all I see is stock Tacoma rims for sale:tumbleweed:

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
eBay, offer up, letgo, other Ranger forums, Facebook, Craigslist, amazon.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
whenever i buy used, whether lightly used or not, i am always looking for a garage sale type bargain.
if you're more than 50% price of new, I have to be really desperate to even think about purchasing. I'd rather wait for a better bargain, or buy new

side note: anyone else get frustrated selling tires on facebook marketplace and continually be coaching people?
i had some young guys wanting to buy snow tire set from the 2017 focus, i put every bit of available info in the ad that they would need ....they showed up with a 4 bolt pattern hyuandai and still thought they could get them to fit. they actually removed a tire in the driveway to try. The focus is 5 bolts.....they couldnt even comprehend that. i just stood by and watched them learn the hard way.
Honestly in all my sales posts I'd say "do your research, don't waste my time or your time" sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but in the end if they ask me ANY stupid questions like "will they fit this" I just say "that information will cost extra" I just don't fk with ignorance. If they take the time to search for something they want, you would think they would take the time to study a bit about it at least...yeah I get frustrated:headbang:

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I bought the 17" factory wheels for my Ranger for $400.00 shipped to my house. I use them as wheels for my snow tires and it is so nice not to have them pop the bead every time I need to change them out. I also only have to have one set of locking lug nuts, so all in all I was pretty happy with my choice. I personally think the 17" wheels are pretty nice looking too.

Navyman17

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX / FX4
Occupation
US Navy - Retired / Operator at Chemical Company
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the opposite problem, trying to find a set of takeoff wheels & tires.
Where are you located? I have a set and I’m here in Texas
Sponsored