Threads
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Benz E53 Coupe, Porsche 718, Gen 6 Ranger coming
Occupation
Retired (Oilfield)
Im currently using BF Goodrich 305/55/R20. I want to have something with a more aggressive look..............what would you recommend?

By the way I I only dive on tarmac :) :) :)
89995202_641125820051692_1356952323980525568_n.jpg
Sponsored

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I think those are the toughest all terrain looking tires unless you go with a Mud tire, then you can find super aggressive looks but there will be trade offs of course.

Reactions: Doc

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Im currently using BF Goodrich 305/55/R20. I want to have something with a more aggressive look..............what would you recommend?

202EEBD9-3A52-4EAC-AFB3-A98AED9AAAAF.jpeg

?

OP
OP
ndwgolf

ndwgolf

First Name
Neil Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired (Oilfield)
I think those are the toughest all terrain looking tires unless you go with a Mud tire, then you can find super aggressive looks but there will be trade offs of course.
I very nearly put a set of Cooper STT Pro's on then bottled out at the last minute.......garage owner was not happy as he already had my wheels off.
Ive looked at the Cooper ST Max online but not read any reviews.
Neil
IMG_7261.jpeg

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
Falken wildpeak MTs?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I very nearly put a set of Cooper STT Pro's on then bottled out at the last minute.......garage owner was not happy as he already had my wheels off.
Ive looked at the Cooper ST Max online but not read any reviews.
Neil
IMG_7261.jpeg
Do you have to wear hearing protection when you drive on the freeway with those things???
Holy cow!

OP
OP
ndwgolf

ndwgolf

First Name
Neil Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired (Oilfield)
Do you have to wear hearing protection when you drive on the freeway with those things???
Holy cow!
I don’t think you read the thread. I didn’t put these tires on my truck.
neil

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I don’t think you read the thread. I didn’t put these tires on my truck.
neil
I read the thread, but that was meant to come out as a general statement (keeping in mind there are folks here who DO have such tires on their trucks). I can see how I could have done a better job of wording my statement, though....

OP
OP
ndwgolf

ndwgolf

First Name
Neil Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired (Oilfield)
I read the thread, but that was meant to come out as a general statement (keeping in mind there are folks here who DO have such tires on their trucks). I can see how I could have done a better job of wording my statement, though....
Someone here in Phuket just offered me AMP tires. But never heard of them ~$1300 for 4 tires
ACDD8342-CF99-4AEF-BCCD-14A9BA72203D.jpeg

Deathrider

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Did you see their website? they have a tire called TERRAIN ATTACK A/T A
they look very aggressive and im sure they would ride better and easier to live with than those, they look highly aggressive and still all terrain

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT

89995202_641125820051692_1356952323980525568_n.jpg
Not going to lie, I love the look of those tires.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
You will not get a more aggressive tire than the KO2 (or any AT), except if you upgrade in size with the same tire or go MT, but that would be terrible on tarmac and as you've said you only drive that.

I am pretty happy with the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus, it looks mean, but I do not think it's more aggressive than the KO2, at least on par if you look at the thread. KO2s looks meaner from the side. I guess it's subjective. If looks is what's more important to you than comfort and performance, then go MTs by all means. If it were me, and I would be on asphalt all the time, I would definitely go with HT. I value efficiency over looks.

Over this side of the world if we want an aggressive tire that sounds like a T80 rolling on tarmac, but top notch on mud, we go Simex:
1617728579190.png

But if you go that way, which I understand you will not (which is smart), prepare to lose traction, drive slow, and wear headphones ;).

One more thing, if you do not drive off-road AT ALL, why did you go for rated recovery points and upgraded UCAs and reservoir suspension? I do not mean to be rude, but if wheels/tyres are important to you, you could strip those and own a few sets in stead of those unnecessary piece of off-road aids. I hope I did not offend you in any way, I am trying to help, which means saying what you do not want to hear :(. Or ... I've gone to far and actually you've caught me, you do serious off-roading and it was a big catch!

Last edited:

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Ooooh, I saw your other threads now ... it makes sense all of a sudden.

OP
OP
ndwgolf

ndwgolf

First Name
Neil Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired (Oilfield)
You will not get a more aggressive tire than the KO2 (or any AT), except if you upgrade in size with the same tire or go MT, but that would be terrible on tarmac and as you've said you only drive that.

I am pretty happy with the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus, it looks mean, but I do not think it's more aggressive than the KO2, at least on par if you look at the thread. KO2s looks meaner from the side. I guess it's subjective. If looks is what's more important to you than comfort and performance, then go MTs by all means. If it were me, and I would be on asphalt all the time, I would definitely go with HT. I value efficiency over looks.

Over this side of the world if we want an aggressive tire that sounds like a T80 rolling on tarmac, but top notch on mud, we go Simex:
1617728579190.png

But if you go that way, which I understand you will not (which is smart), prepare to lose traction, drive slow, and wear headphones ;).

One more thing, if you do not drive off-road AT ALL, why did you go for rated recovery points and upgraded UCAs and reservoir suspension? I do not mean to be rude, but if wheels/tyres are important to you, you could strip those and own a few sets in stead of those unnecessary piece of off-road aids. I hope I did not offend you in any way, I am trying to help, which means saying what you do not want to hear :(. Or ... I've gone to far and actually you've caught me, you do serious off-roading and it was a big catch!
Your way to sensitive buddy
Sponsored