Mirror Turn Signal LED Replacements?

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I'm sure someone must have discussed this and it may be buried in another thread but couldn't fine one of it's own.

Has anyone upgraded those to LED and is there an video how to or any recommendations? I see Panda has some bulbs here https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...vanity-led-replacement-for-lariat-ford-ranger just curious if it's worth it and if a resistor is needed to avoid the typical fast blink issue?

TIA
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No resistor needed.
Dealer installed my LEDs. I was right there for the one swap out. Service guy went through the front taking the mirror off. That's what in the manual they use. Probably to keep the waterproof seal or not break a tab..

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You will get fast blink if you also do the front turn by the head lamp. The better solution than resistors is disabling hyperblink via Forscan.

Back to the mirrors, it's a 2 minute process. Pull the skull cap straight forward, it pops off. Then the turn signal housing also pops off. Snap it all back together.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will get fast blink if you also do the front turn by the head lamp. The better solution than resistors is disabling hyperblink via Forscan.

Back to the mirrors, it's a 2 minute process. Pull the skull cap straight forward, it pops off. Then the turn signal housing also pops off. Snap it all back together.
Cool, thanks! Did you notice a big difference with the LEDs in the mirrors?

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, thanks! Did you notice a big difference with the LEDs in the mirrors?
Big difference? Nah, not really. It just has the LED look like it's supposed to. I would call it a direct replacement rather than a brightness upgrade. Which is all I wanted. Here's what I used: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...d-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/923/

And I put these up front: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...n-27-smd-led-tower-wedge-retrofit/3554/12884/

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the feedback.. if it's not a big or even moderate difference in light output then I'll probably pass...

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly how I did mine just the other day, I was a little terrified but surprised at how easily they popped off.

The stock bulbs were replaced with Diode Dinamics Amber HP3 led’s I purchased from Panda.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly how I did mine just the other day, I was a little terrified but surprised at how easily they popped off.

The stock bulbs were replaced with Diode Dinamics Amber HP3 led’s I purchased from Panda.
Good job. I know someone here who broke a tab and I chickened out on doing the install. I usually only buy VLEDS LEDs but their amber LED is too bright, so I also went with 56 lumen DD HP3's.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Good job. I know someone here who broke a tab and I chickened out on doing the install. I usually only buy VLEDS LEDs but their amber LED is too bright, so I also went with DD HP3's.
I tried the pry tool method but couldn’t get them to come off.. If you grab the mirror cap from the widest part closest to the glass and pull with both hands straight out it’ll pop right off.

revbevis

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew Chrome Package

How do you disable hyperblink via Forscan?
Sponsored