First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger and 2013 Volkswagen passat
Occupation
Owner and operator Xplicit wraps
I came here to find if any one has had the same issue and bammmm, you've all described what my issue is lol. I love my truck in every aspect and have had 0 issues on power, handling and even the bouncing, except the wheel vibration I feel and felt every day since i bought mine, at first it wasn't to noticeable or didn't bother me,but after installing the strut top spacer lift I started feeling it more. I first assumed it might be tires. Well I just put new tires Nd vibration still there. It comes at speeds of between 65mph to 80 mph. I feel it and also here the passenger seat belt banging against the pillar. I have not taken it to service because I feel like ill just be wasting my time. It hasn't become a great issue but I'd like to take care of it

20191228_183335.jpg
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Everyone who has this issue, described here and in the transmission thread should first make their dealership aware of it, whether you want them to fix it at that time or not and then contact Ford Customer Service and make them aware of it too.

This forum is getting recognition and news sources are spreading the word, or rather the complaint.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/transmission-issues.4744/page-10#post-91605

Last edited:

hibusa2005

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt sport
Occupation
maintenance worker
i want to thank every one for there comments and suggestions. now for the engineer in this group thank you for lession in engineering i promiss if i ever find a assoromiter i think that's what you called it ? i will definitely get back to you . or a excellaromiter :) ? if by chance someone does have the same issue and found a fix please contact me thank you all [email protected]

Nutty 5.0

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LB Super Crew, 2012 GT500, 2015 VW GSW TDI
Vehicle Showcase
Some pics of the driveshaft tag if it’s of any help to anyone in the future.
7642F571-37AB-46E8-8DD8-443322E69626.jpeg

CoMtnRanger

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger STX Supercab 4X4, 3" lift
Occupation
Engineer
image.jpg
N I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. As I read this it’s saying to me that Ford told him no further action or testing should be done and it’s just characteristics of the truck Unbelievable

image.jpg
If I'm reading this right; the right rear needed 14 ounces of weights?! Many years ago I worked in a tire shop before I went to the Army, and we never allowed more than 6 ounces any wheel, sometimes rotating the tire on the wheel got it in range, if not then switching the tire out solved the problem. If the tire is out of round (they can be from factory) then it will vibrate badly in some speed ranges. Maybe have an independent shop check that right rear wheel and tire.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I've driven two and I've felt it in two. On level road running 45-50 ish..Similar to a lugging the motor feeling. Its very light but noticeable and it always seem to be at minimum throttle and transmission is locked in whatever gears its in 8th ot 9th I'm guessing. Juts a little buzz in the but meter...

The first was a test drive and I attributed it to sitting truck and cold tires flat spotted temporarily...On my truck I noticed it on day two same deal cruising and flat road and converter locked and just an oh so gentile throttle.

I figured I needed miles.
Sponsored