AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree with you on not buying a first year. I just want to see what the redesign really looks like and what motor(s) options Ford is offering. LOL, I have no doubts that my wife would totally be content with me driving my Tacoma until ’24 or ’25 before replacing it.

You and I can agree that buying a 2022 now for a good price and selling it for a high price for a Gen6 is not a bad idea. There is no way I could ever convince my wife of that though. She is a Dave Ramsey disciple to the n’th degree and would argue until the end that it is a better financial move to keep the Tacoma and gamble on the reliability. Of course, this logic only applies to my car. If her Mercedes broke down and left her needing a tow, she would lose it! If it did it a second time, I would be informed that we are going car shopping.
I do see her point too and it's good she's like that financially. But sometimes (myself included) people get to hung up on saving and don't enjoy themselves . This is so unlike me to buy another vehicle as I'm usually pretty "thrifty" with money. Getting closer to retirement I fell like it's time to splurge a little after all these years of hard work and saving. If I couldn't write it off I'd probably wait and procrastinate it more until the prices were higher and then I couldn't justify it. lol As my good friend Jim @wanted33 would say "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". :wink:

🤔 Maybe you could pull a plug wire a couple times to convince her your Tacoma's on the fritz? :giggle:
Advertisement

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm not holding my breath on that time frame. One thing that Jeep does (and all the rest should too) is prioritize customer orders BEFORE dealer stock. I heard this from 4 different dealers so here's to hoping it arrives before my Bronco does. 😂

The Ranger is staying put right here for the time being. I still have more victims customers to convert ahemmm...AL @Texasota . 😜Thankfully most of the newbies seem to have done their homework and pre-read the forum and already added one to theirs. :like:
Well, I mean guess what Ford now does (at least according to EVERY Ford radio commercial I hear these days) is prioritize customer orders over dealer stock lol. One radio ad even says "pay less for your new Ford by ordering it than what you will pay off the dealer lot!"

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I do see her point too and it's good she's like that financially. But sometimes (myself included) people get to hung up on saving and don't enjoy themselves . This is so unlike me to buy another vehicle as I'm usually pretty "thrifty" with money. Getting closer to retirement I fell like it's time to splurge a little after all these years of hard work and saving. If I couldn't write it off I'd probably wait and procrastinate it more until the prices were higher and then I couldn't justify it. lol As my good friend Jim @wanted33 would say "You never see a Brinks truck following a hearse". :wink:

🤔 Maybe you could pull a plug wire a couple times to convince her your Tacoma's on the fritz? :giggle:
You've learned well Grasshopper. I hoping the last check written from my account is to the funeral home, and it will bounce back like a rubber ball. :)

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma

LOL! Good points. Yes the reality of one big repair bill on the Tacoma would not go over well.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks Tracy. I'm confused by the gas part? :crazy: Sorry, I'm tired and had to work today. lol
On the order confirmation near the bottom, it says $1595 for 4 additional gal of gas😆(just yanking your chain)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Chris. Hopefully there's an adventure to tell and not another "Jeep loyalty...yeah right" thread in the future. :(

We're so looking forward to the trip back from IA going to Badlands, Mt. Rushmore and a whole bunch of others along the way. I'm just hoping it doesn't come in to early as it'll be way to cold (for me) in all those states we're going to. 🥶
Dave, one thing I have found is that Jeep owners are ready to help with anything they can. They love to talk "Jeep". I have yet to find a Jeep owner that didn't want to answer my questions. Oh, and BTW, start practicing your best "Jeep Wave". There's so many Jeeps out there you can get carpel tunnel if you use too much wrist. I usually leave my hand on the steering wheel, and just throw up the index, and middle finger. It easy, and works as good as any. lol

Jeep wave.jpg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That mister bottle works great when you need just a fine mist and don't want to splash everything in sight. It's a little slower putting the product on but it saves you time from re-cleaning other areas you'd hit with a regular spray bottle.

:turkey:They have some really good daily specials.

https://www.detailedimage.com
Well shit Dave, you've gone and done it now. I'm blaming you when the wife gets on my ass for ordering more clean up stuff, as she calls it. If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me. :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :bandit: :piggybank:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, one thing I have found is that Jeep owners are ready to help with anything they can. They love to talk "Jeep". I have yet to find a Jeep owner that didn't want to answer my questions. Oh, and BTW, start practicing your best "Jeep Wave". There's so many Jeeps out there you can get carpel tunnel if you use too much wrist. I usually leave my hand on the steering wheel, and just throw up the index, and middle finger. It easy, and works as good as any. lol

Jeep wave.jpg
That's not going to happen. lol When I rode street bike it was the same, every darn bike you'd pass they'd wave. It was fun at first but got annoying real quick. Besides I have tunnel vision when I drive and hardly notice my friends when they wave to me. 🤓

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On the order confirmation near the bottom, it says $1595 for 4 additional gal of gas😆(just yanking your chain)
Alex pointed it out to me. I guess I was more tired than I thought as that one went right over my head. lol When I first got the quote back I saw that too and realized the line items didn't line up with the price....Thank God. :shock:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
That's not going to happen. lol When I rode street bike it was the same, every darn bike you'd pass they'd wave. It was fun at first but got annoying real quick. Besides I have tunnel vision when I drive and hardly notice my friends when they wave to me. 🤓

Oh believe me I understand. I have the Jeep, and the Corvette. I wave at Jeeps when one waves first, because there are so many of the things on the road. I used to wave first, but it seemed like every corner I was waving. With the Vette it's an odd occurance if you see 2 on the road all day. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well it's official, I received my VIN today so now the waiting starts. I actually hope it doesn't come in to early because our trip back would be in the cold and snow and that's not happening. Granger will have to hold it until it's at least in the 70's. 🥶

FoD

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Well it's official, I received my VIN today so now the waiting starts. I actually hope it doesn't come in to early because our trip back would be in the cold and snow and that's not happening. Granger will have to hold it until it's at least in the 70's. 🥶
So what the cluck cluck cluck 🐔,

got a new car, but too cold out....send Jeeves to get it...talk about Hollywood first world problems!!??😂😂

just giving you grief man, you beat the boogeyman "C", get on with your bad self:sun:

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
That will be about June in Iowa...

A few years ago I had to be in Wisconsin the first of May for a wedding. I got snowed on!

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That will be about June in Iowa...

A few years ago I had to be in Wisconsin the first of May for a wedding. I got snowed on!
Yeah but WI gets like one week of summer don't they? lol 😜

The weather changes out that way daily and I'm expecting it to be cold and I'll just have to deal with it.

Advertisement

Advertisement