First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I lived in Dallas 15 years ago. Drove thru Big D from Louisiana going to Gainesville. Oh MY! The changes in traffic in 15 years! When I got off Hwy 80 onto 635 to 35E, I felt like I was in a NASCAR
race. Luckily my Ranger had no problem with that race. 4 lanes wide, bumper to bumper at 70 MPH.
What a thrill. On the way home, I decided to avoid all that and take 82 East to Paris, then back roads thru Mt Pleasant then on to Shreveport. I can say I am impressed with the Texas highways as it was 70 - 75 most of the way. You couldn't do that on Louisiana roads.
So true how crazy traffic is now in dfw. I want to move to a small town but cant afford to move. In 2017 and 18 I had to do 635 daily and can honestly say I saw at least one wreck each way every day, hated it and the only good part is i started praying so much more lol. For some reason people hit 635 and all the traffic laws and rules are totally out the window. in the express lane that ends just before adelia and the white rock lake area is the one and only time my older ranger ever neared triple digit speed. i did not want to go that fast, but everyone around me was flying by and up on my tail gate. even the rock haulers were rolling 90 ish. It was all i could do to not get run over.
Sponsored

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Factory Automation Engineer, Auto School Grad, Car Audio Tech
Vehicle Showcase
A Sport package Lariat out at Erwin Park (McKinney) yesterday. That makes four Magnetic super crews I've seen running around locally.

20191110_161634[1].jpg

I have one too :rockon: and ride there often. Live close by.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
some of us metroplex guys need to get together one day and do some wheeling or camping etc.

Reactions: Doc

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
some of us metroplex guys need to get together one day and do some wheeling or camping etc.
Does anybody go out Bridgeport Northwest OHV Park? Ive never been there but don't really want to go solo in case i get stuck or something.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Does anybody go out Bridgeport Northwest OHV Park? Ive never been there but don't really want to go solo in case i get stuck or something.
ive never been either, i drive by it often on way to other places. ive looked into it on the web a few times and looks like fun. apparently it is really busy and popular. im not anti off road park but, typically id rather go someplace and explore etc. than follow a paid route in a pay to play place.

OC4095

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
ive never been either, i drive by it often on way to other places. ive looked into it on the web a few times and looks like fun. apparently it is really busy and popular. im not anti off road park but, typically id rather go someplace and explore etc. than follow a paid route in a pay to play place.

Hard to do in Texas with no federal land basically. I spent many years playing in the deserts of California (that place we don't speak of) and other trails in the mountains. I will enjoy what opportunities i have at my disposal.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
very true, texas is almost totally private owned. a few places are open to all but they are an hour plus drive from dfw.

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
My Ingot XLT FX4 and I are in Forney. But, we're gone much of the time traveling here and there. We'll take the Ranger on a kayaking trip in a couple of months to Florida and coastal Carolina.

Counting Buck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Father | Hunter | Accountant
Does anyone have a dealership they trust for an oil change in North Dallas? I did the works for my first one where I bought it (Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney), and the mechanic hand tightened the oil drain and it ended up leaking onto my garage floor. That's said, I'll never go back there again.

Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Does anyone have a dealership they trust for an oil change in North Dallas? I did the works for my first one where I bought it (Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney), and the mechanic hand tightened the oil drain and it ended up leaking onto my garage floor. That's said, I'll never go back there again.

Any suggestions are welcomed, thanks.
i would void all of the five star ford group. wish i had one to recommend.
Sponsored