Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Anyone with Medium Stone cloth interior want to add or suggest anything after choosing this option? Just seems like less than 1 in 10 have this interior? I'd like to do leather front seats on my XLT; has anyone else done this? Anyway; just thought us Medium Stoners needed a home.:sunglasses:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bell407

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with Medium Stone want to add or suggest anything after choosing this interior? I will start the discussion. I'd like to do leather front seats only on my XLT; has anyone else done this?
Hi Steve, I drove 130 miles to find and purchase my Ranger w/medium stone. In a medium size truck the lighter color seems to make the cab feel larger than the all-black interiors. I also prefer the contrast inside too. Black seems to be the big seller over all models, but I found a few out there at the end of the year.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have medium stone but in the leather and I'm very happy with it. The leather cleans up REALLY easily and the stone does make the interior feel larger and lighter.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I like the medium stone. I wish I could have got it in mine.
Should be cooler in the summer.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Hi Steve, I drove 130 miles to find and purchase my Ranger w/medium stone. In a medium size truck the lighter color seems to make the cab feel larger than the all-black interiors. I also prefer the contrast inside too. Black seems to be the big seller over all models, but I found a few out there at the end of the year.
Yeah; totally agree with the all black being kind of dark and gloomy in a smaller truck. Drove 90 miles from Reno to Auburn, Ca to get my XLT with the Medium Stone. The cloth seems really durable, but am thinking down the road I might do leather in the front row? Only 219 miles on it so far the last two months, most from the drive home from the dealership:)

Last edited:

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I ordered the Medium Stone in my 2020. Hoping I like it when it arrives.

OP
OP
Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You didn't sit in a Medium Stone interior before you ordered your XLT?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You didn't sit in a Medium Stone interior before you ordered your XLT?
Yes, in a Lariat with leather but not in a XLT with cloth (none were on the lot). We liked the lighter color for the same reasons mentioned above.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I ordered the Medium Stone in my 2020. Hoping I like it when it arrives.
I think you will, if you liked it in the leather I'm sure you'll like the cloth too. That's probably the only thing I didn't get that was on my list. The dealer had my truck on his lot with everything I would've ordered except the med stone interior. The black really isn't as bad as I thought it would be out here but when it's over 100* anything's going to be hot!

When is yours due in?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
When I was looking at Rangers, I was searching for a specific set of options (302A, FX4, Tow and Tech package, and NO factory running boards. Most with those options also had the running boards and different wheels. I didn't want to pay $$$ for things that I would shortly switch out for aftermarket).

The one I found just happened to have the options I wanted and a stone interior.

I really like it.

It contrasts nicely with the black parts of the interior.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yeah; totally agree with the all black being kind of dark and gloomy in a smaller truck. Drove 110 miles from Reno to Auburn, Ca to get my XLT with the Medium Stone. The cloth seems really durable, but am thinking down the road I might do leather in the front row? Only 219 miles on it so far the last two months, most from the drive home from the dealership:)
I had planned on the medium stone leather seats. That is, until my blue sweater faded on my camel colored leather couch! Made me change my mind. But, because the roof part is lighter, the black leather seats don't make it dark and gloomy at all (to me:)). But I do like the looks of the medium stone.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I had planned on the medium stone leather seats. That is, until my blue sweater faded on my camel colored leather couch! Made me change my mind. But, because the roof part is lighter, the black leather seats don't make it dark and gloomy at all (to me:)). But I do like the looks of the medium stone.
I know exactly what you are talking about - my mom had a white leather couch that got a blue stain on it (I'm guessing from wet blue jeans or something) - we got most of it off but.....

With that said, I doubt the leather seats in the Ranger would have the same issue - as has been posted here several times, it isn't "real" leather - it is leather with a plastic coating on it. I actually got paint on my seat and was able to get it off after it had dried. Thus far, I've found nothing that will stick to these seats, which is why I wanted leather in the first place. My old Ranger had cloth seats and over the years were difficult to keep clean.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Tracy,

Wife was not keen at all on the Ranger's black interior, but she has come to really like it to the point she said that it was the best choice of interior color. She now really likes it!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you will, if you liked it in the leather I'm sure you'll like the cloth too. That's probably the only thing I didn't get that was on my list. The dealer had my truck on his lot with everything I would've ordered except the med stone interior. The black really isn't as bad as I thought it would be out here but when it's over 100* anything's going to be hot!

When is yours due in?
Build is scheduled for the week of February 24th. Should arrive sometime in March.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Tracy,

Wife was not keen at all on the Ranger's black interior, but she has come to really like it to the point she said that it was the best choice of interior color. She now really likes it!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Me too!
Sponsored