Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
So, first of all, both letter sets had the same build / color / quality - they looked like they came from the same factory. They are in the $15 mark and nothing special, but still look better than a regular vinyl sticker.

I took 3 pictures and didn't apply any filter to them.
The shade of red is darker than the nostrils.

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I ordered red grille letters from tukskinz and will do the same.
The TufSkinz letters you mentioned look on pictures like they might be better finished. The resin layer with rounded edges might look quite nice when in place. I noticed they are also 3+ times the price, but if the color is matching the nostrils, why not.

That being said, a customer review mentioned that it matched the color of his red Ranger, and I've noticed on pictures and YouTube reviews that the red Tremor paint job and nostrils look different too.

I think some manufacturer (Etsy seller maybe?) might come out with a version that matches the nostril color better.

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Just noticed I had written the word red too many times in my title ?
Anyway, here are some pictures after installation on my Tremor of the LimitlessParts / SF Sales USA decals I mentioned in the initial comment. Yes, it's a slightly darker red than the nostrils, and the contrast with the dark grey grille is not the best...

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed I had written the word red too many times in my title ?
Anyway, here are some pictures of the LimitlessParts / SF Sales USA decals I mentioned in the initial comment. Yes, it's a darker red than the nostrils, and the contrast with the dark grey grille is not the best...

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg
You could consider changing the badging - they make red on black for example, it would look good (to me)...
IMG_1594.jpg

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
You could consider changing the badging - they make red on black for example, it would look good (to me)...
Thanks for chiming in. The traditional blue Ford badge doesn't really bother me.

I looked into getting the black on black, but couldn't believe the prices on eBay (around $300 for front and rear) o_O

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for chiming in. The traditional blue Ford badge doesn't really bother me.

I looked into getting the black on black, but couldn't believe the prices on eBay (around $300 for front and rear) o_O
That's a decal overlay I used there and it wasn't much cost wise. Good prior cleaning and careful lay-on, 24 adhere time, followed by a good wax has kept it looking pristinely perfect so far, since July last year. They make them in all color combo's that I've seen.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
The TufSkinz letters you mentioned look on pictures like they might be better finished. The resin layer with rounded edges might look quite nice when in place. I noticed they are also 3+ times the price, but if the color is matching the nostrils, why not.

That being said, a customer review mentioned that it matched the color of his red Ranger, and I've noticed on pictures and YouTube reviews that the red Tremor paint job and nostrils look different too.

I think some manufacturer (Etsy seller maybe?) might come out with a version that matches the nostril color better.
I think the tufskinz match pretty well. Gloss red.

20210503_093822.jpg

20210503_093648.jpg

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I think the tufskinz match pretty well. Gloss red.
Yes, I think it looks nicer.

Gosh, all these accessories you hoarded before getting your truck look really nice! ?

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Any chance to get a front picture at an angle for the readers who are hesitating between products? :wink:
What angle are you wanting a pic of and I'll gladly take it

OP
OP
Secousse

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
What angle are you wanting a pic of and I'll gladly take it
You are a gentleman, thank you!

I was thinking something like what I posted above, showing the grille and decals but taken slightly from the side, so we can see the colors and shine in a different light.

While I'm at it, I'm super interested by a close-up of your Ranger decals on the tailgate. I saw them from a distance on one of your pictures and they seem to be multi-layered. Maybe?
Super keen to have a closer look and have you comment on the quality - If you post at Tailgate Letters, I'll be there reading!
I'm on the market for something that screams "Tremor" - I think a red base with a black or dark gray top layer might look perfect.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
You are a gentleman, thank you!

I was thinking something like what I posted above, showing the grille and decals but taken slightly from the side, so we can see the colors and shine in a different light.

While I'm at it, I'm super interested by a close-up of your Ranger decals on the tailgate. I saw them from a distance on one of your pictures and they seem to be multi-layered. Maybe?
Super keen to have a closer look and have you comment on the quality - If you post at Tailgate Letters, I'll be there reading!
I'm on the market for something that screams "Tremor" - I think a red base with a black or dark gray top layer might look perfect.
I'll get you both here tomorrow. Bdtrims is the company on tailgate letters as they were the only quality brand I found that had the black letters with red outer borders. They seem to be of comparable quality to tufskinz. Both of which are thick domed letters and multilayered.
Sponsored

Last edited: