Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Greetings 5g Ranger crew,

On my last EcoBoost vehicle I made it part of my 10-15k maint schedule to pull the MAP(MAPT) sensors off my Focus ST's 2.0 and give them a spray down with MAF cleaner, this actually cleared up a pretty serious "Mis-fire" like condition I had at 85k miles on my ST.

I'm looking to know if anyone knows or has a diagram of exactly where the same sensors might be on our 2.3. I'll take a look this weekend if we don't have any diagrams.

Thanks!

Engine Sensors.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Engmus

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
That's super helpful, I bet its a PITA to get access to number 5, on my Focus ST that was the sensor I neglected to clean until about 85k miles that made a big drivability difference and resolved a mid 3k RPM shudder\mis style condition.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That's super helpful, I bet its a PITA to get access to number 5, on my Focus ST that was the sensor I neglected to clean until about 85k miles that made a big drivability difference and resolved a mid 3k RPM shudder\mis style condition.
To my understanding you can get to it but after you remove the upper cowling there is another shroud above the intercooler in the way. Get past that and you are golden.

OP
OP
Engmus

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I wanted to follow up on this, my 2019 Ranger his 20k miles this past weekend and I did my usual maintenance that was due.

Tire rotation
Oil Change
Checked other fluid levels and such.

As part of my 20k maint, I pulled out the MAP\MAPT sensor pictured above on my truck and it was surprisingly dirty, It wasn't a big deal to remove, one torx\screw and one clip and it popped out. Cleaned it with some MAF spray and let it dry. I perceive the truck to be running abit smoother.

I have a catch can since 1k miles and was surprised by the amount of oily residue on the sensor, sadly as with most things I lacked the thought process to snap some pictures. Either way definitely add this to your routine maintenance programs.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I wonder if there is a difference between the sensor of a stock non-catchcan Ecoboost vs. Catchcan equipped? When it comes to contamination?

OP
OP
Engmus

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
I'm not sure but I can tell you that I plan to probably clean it again on my next oil change and judge how oily\contaminated it is, and then either clean it every oil change or every other dependent on how badly its coated. Its really not hard, more of a pain getting into the proper position on a stool to reach everything.
Sponsored