MAP Sensor Question

XionUAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4
Rebuilding a salvage title 2020 FX4 with some front driver-side damage. Found the MAP sensor for the intercooler output in the pile-o-parts that were apparently swept up by the tow truck driver after the accident.

Ordering new parts but the number on the sensor, JG9A-9F479-AB, comes up for an F-150. The correct number according to Ford parts is JG9Z9F479B. Similar but different numbers. The first MAP sensor can be found for under $15 but the one listed in Ford parts is over $75.

A lot of these sensors are interchangeable between different engines and vehicles. Anyone have experience with this one? Thanks

20230313_124352_compress17 (2).jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Rebuilding a salvage title 2020 FX4 with some front driver-side damage. Found the MAP sensor for the intercooler output in the pile-o-parts that were apparently swept up by the tow truck driver after the accident.

Ordering new parts but the number on the sensor, JG9A-9F479-AB, comes up for an F-150. The correct number according to Ford parts is JG9Z9F479B. Similar but different numbers. The first MAP sensor can be found for under $15 but the one listed in Ford parts is over $75.

A lot of these sensors are interchangeable between different engines and vehicles. Anyone have experience with this one? Thanks

20230313_124352_compress17 (2).jpg
Hi X,

The part number on the part is the engineering number and the Ford part catalog with the Z is the service part number which may contain several different engineering part numbers. The engineering suffix AB indicates Same design (A) and one minor revision, (B)...thus AB Serious change would be reflected by suffix BA. Confusing or did I help make it clear? This is where @Levittownfordparts forum member Benny can help.

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
XionUAV

XionUAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4
Understood. The thing is the part pictured was on the Ranger so it must have worked. It's just confusing that other sources say it's for a different vehicle and motor. Just want to make sure I get a correct one without paying more than necessary. Isn't a big deal in the big picture but it all adds up.

OP
OP
XionUAV

XionUAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4
That price I found for the original one may have been a one-off though. Might just get one from Ford parts to make sure it's correct and move on.

OP
OP
XionUAV

XionUAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4
May be a moot point. Just realized the used intercooler I purchased is being shipped with the original sensor.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Understood. The thing is the part pictured was on the Ranger so it must have worked. It's just confusing that other sources say it's for a different vehicle and motor. Just want to make sure I get a correct one without paying more than necessary. Isn't a big deal in the big picture but it all adds up.
Hi X,

Was the other vehicle an F Series, maybe???

best,
Phil

OP
OP
XionUAV

XionUAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4
Hi X,

Was the other vehicle an F Series, maybe???

best,
Phil
I pondered that momentarily as well but the sensor case is broken and it fits the piece still attached to the intercooler. The used intercooler with the attached sensor that is likely OEM is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'll post what sensor is on that one.