Man my retirement accounts are doing awesome.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
DistantSarcasticArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

After years and years of getting nice 8%-15% yearly gains for the last year they have sat stagnate like that tupperware of leftover beef-a-roni no one wants to open up to dump out for fear of throwing up.

Thats all I got. Sorry.

/rant
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I stopped looking at mine. All I know is I’m putting in the max amount yearly I can. Company matches. Just hope it still there when I do decide to hang it up once and for all.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
last I checked mine are hanging in there. Not doing as well as the last few years. I'm tempted to take a small chunk out (I can without penalty) to get some of the gains in case crap starts going down.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
I manage my own and a few other family and friends portfolios of stocks and IRAS/Roths for fun and I have been amply and justly rewarded, so much so that I never have to worry about money or cash flow for the rest of my life. Just sayin. Teaching myself to run my own money has been a life changing experience and allowed me to retire more than 20 years ago.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I retired this year and moved one of my 401Ks to a managed retirement account with a financial advisor. I started taking money out of this account when I retired. Even with taking money, the account is still growing.

My other 401K is still in the company plan I retired from. Last year I saw a 6% growth and over the past three years a 42% growth. In the next month or so I will be moving this money to the financial advisor and will be putting most of it into an account that will protect my the principle.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Ours are doing great, 25% gain on two, with +15 on the others with only one less than 10%. Just got our RMD's and year end statement and I am very happy with them. Now I need to reposition for the big correction. :)

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I worked for 27 years for a major company and put the max matched into a 401K. Then at 52 they out-soursed me. Then right before the recession my advisor convincede to roll my 401K over to him. So when the recession hit I was out of the market and buying back in. I figure I made about 40% that year. I thank my advisor every time I see him. When my former company made a pension buy out offer, I talked to him and he said "Take it, we can do better. Besides then it's your money, they can't take it away. Now I'm retired and drawing off of it every month. My statement every month keeps going up. Going to give myself a big raise this year, time for more mods! :rockon:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Those big earning percentages makes me nervous of the B word (bubble)

as a back up I invested a lot in led. ;)

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
From Forbes:

”Except for a few brief sell-offs, the S&P 500 gained 26.9% for the year. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) gained 18.7% in 2021, while the Nasdaq Composite gained 21.4%.”

If you didn’t make money last year, you are poorly invested and should seek advice from a pro.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
From Forbes:

”Except for a few brief sell-offs, the S&P 500 gained 26.9% for the year. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) gained 18.7% in 2021, while the Nasdaq Composite gained 21.4%.”

If you didn’t make money last year, you are poorly invested and should seek advice from a pro.
No need I decided withdraw it all and invest in hookers and blow.
Sponsored