First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Sports Photographer
I purchased the Ford Maintenance Premium Care contract for 60000 miles at time of sale. I now noticed that the finance guy wrote it up at 8 visits one every 7500 miles. Schedule shows every 10000 miles in the book.

Did he oversell me? Should he have sold me the 6 visit option instead? Think I would rather do every 7500 miles but wondering if it’s overkill or if they will refuse earlier service intervals based on the manual. Should I worry about this?

Thanks
Sponsored

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I personally use full synthetic and a synthetic filter and get about 10k miles or change (previous Fords). I don’t change it sooner than the oil life monitor indicates.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
So I drive long distances at a time 50-100 miles each, so I usually go close to the 10K. If I'm towing, or make a lot of short trips, I'll do it at 7500-8000 miles.

I don't think you were oversold unless you plan to trade the truck in at 55K miles. For a vehicle that you want to last, changing the oil a little early (not 3000-5000 miles) can't hurt.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
People who go every 10K sell us dealers a lot of turbos! Thank you in advance.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased the Ford Maintenance Premium Care contract for 60000 miles at time of sale. I now noticed that the finance guy wrote it up at 8 visits one every 7500 miles. Schedule shows every 10000 miles in the book.

Did he oversell me? Should he have sold me the 6 visit option instead? Think I would rather do every 7500 miles but wondering if it’s overkill or if they will refuse earlier service intervals based on the manual. Should I worry about this?

Thanks
You have prepaid your maintenance. You can use them as early as you would like. You will just run out quicker. Its no big deal.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
People who go every 10K sell us dealers a lot of turbos! Thank you in advance.
My brother in law's BMW won't turn the oil change indicator on until one of two things happens.

1. The ODO hits 15-20K miles.
2. The oil level sensor detects that there's barely any oil left in the engine.

This has happened to him on his last three leases. He's had to go in and have them top it off because the car gets all fussy and stops driving properly. The oil light comes on, and he checks it, nothing touching the stick.

This is after taking it to them at the 14K mile mark asking about a change. (They told him not until the light comes on).

A little early is far better than a little late.

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
I didnt really plan on letting it go until 10K with dino oil in it. Synth maybe. Never had a prepaid maintenance plan before so was just making sure I wouldnt run into issue with the shop saying its too early.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anything the dealer sells as far as maintenance contracts make a good profit from the dealer. I won't buy them which allows me to use any service center to do minor maintenance like oil changes,

Insure against catastrophe NOT inconvenience

OP
OP
cory1848

cory1848

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sports Photographer
Anything the dealer sells as far as maintenance contracts make a good profit from the dealer. I won't buy them which allows me to use any service center to do minor maintenance like oil changes,

Insure against catastrophe NOT inconvenience
Yea I expect them to make profit and I got him to discount it from their original price. After doing the math the pay for convenience factor was worth it to me. Especially being more than just oil changes. It includes wearable parts as well. Unsure if brake pads will last 60K or not but every little thing is covered. I paid just over $700 for 8 visits. So about $90 per visit. Just making sure I use all 8 visits. For the past 6 years I have had my dealer do all maintenance on my old focus and my edge. Peace of mind for me and the cost isn't much different from the indy shops.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I expect them to make profit and I got him to discount it from their original price. After doing the math the pay for convenience factor was worth it to me. Especially being more than just oil changes. It includes wearable parts as well. Unsure if brake pads will last 60K or not but every little thing is covered. I paid just over $700 for 8 visits. So about $90 per visit. Just making sure I use all 8 visits. For the past 6 years I have had my dealer do all maintenance on my old focus and my edge. Peace of mind for me and the cost isn't much different from the indy shops.
Plus it covers brakes, wipers, cabin air filter, air filter, fuel filter. etc.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Plus it covers brakes, wipers, cabin air filter, air filter, fuel filter. etc.
Don't you get a same day rental too, or is that an optional extra?
Sponsored