Magnetic 12V battery maintainer connection?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Since my wife will likely never commute to work again, its easy for the battery In her BMW to discharge too far between drives. I want to add an on-board battery maintainer that will harmlessly disconnect if she fails to detach it before backing out of the garage. Something similar to the MagSafe connectors for some laptop computers seems like a good idea. Does anyone do this, or know of a suitable commercial product? I see a few DIY attempts at it, but would rather have something I don't have to cobble together.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Why not just put a shop towel over the steering wheel when it's plugged in?

Kinda like a tie on the door knob.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Since my wife will likely never commute to work again, its easy for the battery In her BMW to discharge too far between drives. I want to add an on-board battery maintainer that will harmlessly disconnect if she fails to detach it before backing out of the garage. Something similar to the MagSafe connectors for some laptop computers seems like a good idea. Does anyone do this, or know of a suitable commercial product? I see a few DIY attempts at it, but would rather have something I don't have to cobble together.
They are out there already

https://hethelsport.com/tools/charger-connection-kit/
Sponsored