Loud buzzing noise in crosswinds

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Yesterday on my return trip from Colorado I encounter a strange buzzing noise. I was headed south down a hill towards the Interstate 10 at approximate 70 MPH when I encountered a very strong crosswind coming from the west. I immediately heard a loud buzzing noise coming from the right front window area. My passenger thought it was coming from the top corner of the windshield, while I thought it was coming from the area around the front of the door near the side view mirror. It was loud and would get worst during strong gusts. I heard it briefly from the drivers side when on the Interstate during a brief turn towards the north.

I thought it might be from the windshield wipers, but they were not moving. Has anyone encountered this before?
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Yesterday on my return trip from Colorado I encounter a strange buzzing noise. I was headed south down a hill towards the Interstate 10 at approximate 70 MPH when I encountered a very strong crosswind coming from the west. I immediately heard a loud buzzing noise coming from the right front window area. My passenger thought it was coming from the top corner of the windshield, while I thought it was coming from the area around the front of the door near the side view mirror. It was loud and would get worst during strong gusts. I heard it briefly from the drivers side when on the Interstate during a brief turn towards the north.

I thought it might be from the windshield wipers, but they were not moving. Has anyone encountered this before?
I have encountered this with nissan a few years back. Most likely the problem is the door seal. Unless you have had the windshield replaced I would not suspect it.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
This was on my return trip from another state where I purchased the truck. The windshield is brand new. I suspected a door seal at first, but when the noise went to the driver's side after the cross wind was coming from the left for a brief time, it made the same noise.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Have your windshield seal checked. Very possible it may not have been set right.
Sponsored