First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX 4
Occupation
Fire Chief
Has anyone else had this happen? Today I get in my truck, without. Putting key in ignition I wiggled the ignition with my finger to see how lose it was and the radio turned on! No key and door was open, only way to shut it off was to put key in turn on then off, radio shut off when. Door opened, was able to do it numerous times. Going to dealer on the 9th. I will post what they say.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The radio turns on when you open the door generally, it won't play music unless you press the button. As for the loose ignition, it's been discussed. I bought a ring from a forum member named Dean that matches what Ford should have put there in the first place. It was 10$ shipped from PA to MI.

OP
OP
Chief Malone

Chief Malone

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX 4
Occupation
Fire Chief
The radio turns on when you open the door generally, it won't play music unless you press the button. As for the loose ignition, it's been discussed. I bought a ring from a forum member named Dean that matches what Ford should have put there in the first place. It was 10$ shipped from PA to MI.
I understand that it turns on when opening the door, but mine was playing, you could change stations and it connected via Bluetooth to my phone as if it was running, pushing power button on radio did not shut it off. It’s a glitch for sure.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Could try restarting it by holding the FFWD button and the power button for about 10 seconds. It will go black and reboot. See if that helps.
Sponsored