Looks like the Ranger gets parked for a while...

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
take your pain meds as directed,
Thats hard for me as I have "prescription dyslexia", so if it reads " take 2 every 4 hours " , I see " take 4 every 2 hours" ... they do work much better that way I have noticed...
Sponsored

Last edited:

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Ouch! Hope you have a speedy recovery. I slipped on the stairs this weekend and ended up sliding down 2/3 of the flight. By some small miracle, I didn't break anything, but I'm black & blue all up and down my right side, and the ankle's all taped up.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Really sorry to hear of your injury. Wishing all the best and a speedy recovery.

Oh, and I hear that certain pain meds + whiskey can *really* help.

Not that I've ever tried it myself...

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Really sorry to hear of your injury. Wishing all the best and a speedy recovery.

Oh, and I hear that certain pain meds + whiskey can *really* help.

Not that I've ever tried it myself...
They all say "alcohol will intensify the effects " on the bottle , I'm not sure if that's a warning or a suggestion 🤔...
Had fentanal in the ambulance, and several shots of dilaudid in the ER , that dilaudid is FAST ! , she didn't even have the syringe emptied in me and I already felt it washing over me , no home kit though...

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
I'm 6 months into my recovery and my left leg still swells up by evening. The last of the hematoma is finally close to being fully absorbed.

I feel your pain . Get well soon. Puzzles do help. But you are going to get very restless due to needing to stay off your feet.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Long distance fall into a compacter , all my weight (220 lb) landed on that ankle, crawling my way back up was a damn challenge , may have passed out a little from the pain , kinda a blurr, haven't even had the surgery yet as they claimed it was too swollen to operate, i think they all just all wanted out early for turkey day, surgeon said 6 months to a year before returning to work... may just retire...
Wow, I am sorry to hear about your accident. Hope that recovery is (relatively) swift and complete! Don't make any snap decisions about retiring until you feel better, the pain sometimes can negatively impact your thinking, and it is hard to unretire afterward...

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
On the bright side, for rest of your life that ankle will tell you when it’s going to rain 😀. Joking aside, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
I had a nasty skateboard fall in 2017. Broke my ankle and leg. Looked a little like OP. Surgery and 12 weeks of no weight-bearing. My leg/ankle does let me know about the weather, but honestly it's about as reliable as the weatherman so I feel like I got cheated lol.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
You hanging in there? What's the latest with the surgery schedule? Soon I hope.

🤞

OP
OP
NotBudule

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
You hanging in there? What's the latest with the surgery schedule? Soon I hope.

🤞
Hopefully this Thursday... going nuts 🤪 waiting , usually I take a nice aggressive drive in the Ranger when I'm feeling down 😔 but that's not gonna happen anytime soon , on a side note , I think I'm close to reaching the end of the internet AND tv... 😅 I did get on of those firesticks thingys, it's a damn time machine ! Lots of childhood favorites, ThunderBirds are Go !!! and Godzilla verses every damn body ! ( if anyone is willing to shoot me , send a PM for address )

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I saw Aaron Rodgers is "coming back" after 3 months of rupturing an achilles tendon, cites drinking a lot of "bone broth" but I think drinking bourbon and taking meds may be the way to go. I rely on smoking refer when my aching joints keep me up at night - indica only.

Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Hopefully this Thursday... going nuts 🤪 waiting , usually I take a nice aggressive drive in the Ranger when I'm feeling down 😔 but that's not gonna happen anytime soon , on a side note , I think I'm close to reaching the end of the internet AND tv... 😅 I did get on of those firesticks thingys, it's a damn time machine ! Lots of childhood favorites, ThunderBirds are Go !!! and Godzilla verses every damn body ! ( if anyone is willing to shoot me , send a PM for address )
Keep us posted please.

Sending you good vibes.
Sponsored