Looking for rear bumper tire carrier

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
Hi! I’m turning to the community to see if I couldn’t get any good suggestions on rear bumper spare tire carriers. I’m not satisfied with my current set-up because it blocks my rear view and could be dangerous in a head-on collision (see photo below). Since my spare is mounted on a matching Fuel wheel I don’t want to even try fitting it underneath the truck to get all pitted and wrecked!

My google search only came up with one option, from a forum member I believe, that makes a 2-arm swing out. It looks interesting but would like to look at more than one option.

Can anybody help?

9F3D43A3-4BCA-467E-8E57-DA079682A810.jpeg
Sponsored

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
I've only seen the ranger from peak suspension with one. I think its relentless fabrication that makes it but I don't see it on their website. I'm probably going to be giving them a call next week to see if its available. I think it looks sweet!

Last edited:

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the underbed mount has a chain around it in case of an accident to retain it. You could do a similar thing mounted on top to resolve that crash concern you have. It won't address the lack of visibility out the rear, but baby steps. I would safety mount the chain to those yakima eyebolts that attach directly to the T slot on the tonneau cover.

But I would also take a look at actually mounting the tire instead of just strapping it. I'm thinking about something like the Jeep tailgate style thing that secures 3 lugs to the wheel. I'm not sure if something specific has been made, but I wouldn't expect it to be too difficult to weld something like that to a cross member.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
The one from Wilco Off-road was on @TheMarkP truck at SEMA. His IG has more pics of him tearing stuff up and it has held up well.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
I've only seen the ranger from peak suspension with one. I think its relentless fabrication that makes it but I don't see it on their website. I'm probably going to be giving them a call next week to see if its available. I think it looks sweet!
Yeah, that's Relentless. About to mount their bumpers to my Ranger. They're seriously nice.

For a little less spend, you can go with a Rig'd hitch mount tire carrier: https://www.rigdsupply.com/

day_sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Ranger
Yeah, that's Relentless. About to mount their bumpers to my Ranger. They're seriously nice.

For a little less spend, you can go with a Rig'd hitch mount tire carrier: https://www.rigdsupply.com/
How did you order the bumpers for the ranger? I'm not seeing anything on the website. Did you have to call?

OP
OP
Rockweiler

Rockweiler

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab 4x4
I actually think it’s a different company. I’m waiting to get a URL for ordering, the member (@dangeranger) says it’ll be ready to order in December.
But I might be leaning towards the Wilco Offroad hitchgate, mainly for budget reasons. The full bumper set-up with swing arms from « @dangeranger » is pretty awesome but it’s still $2000 (us) which translate to around $2700 canadian plus shipping (based on weight, ouch!).
Sponsored