Looking for a straight answer...

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I have searched and I have seen some mention of 285/60/18 tires on stock wheels, but I really can't get a straight answer as to whether or not these will work with stock wheels and around a 2 inch lift on the front (Bilsteins).

I really do not want to have to take out the crash bars or modify them especially since I have the WeatherTech mud flaps that go over the stock crash bars in the back of the front wheel well.

I do realize that I would probably have to get one quarter inch spacers.

Does anyone have any answers?

I really appreciate your help.
Sponsored

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Unless someone has already done it you're likely going to have to test fit them yourself.
As a side note, if you're looking for a straight answer you came to the wrong forum.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Largest I've heard fitting is 265/70/17, same height, different width.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
If you look at the specs (which vary from one tire model to the next) these tires are about the same diameter as the Tremor tires, and maybe 3/4" wider. I'd want to test fit, but it seems likely they will be OK.

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
From everything I’ve seen, 285s will hit the spindle on stock wheels, so at a minimum you’d be looking at spacers. Outside of that I had the same diameter tires but on +25 offset wheels and had to loosen the crash bars and push them forward half an inch, but no cutting. So if you were to go with 1” spacers, I think you could do it with adjusting the crash bars. Any larger of a spacer and it likely isn’t happening without cutting.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on what @_Ian_ said. There’s a weird sweet spot that allows for 275s and 285s to fit without modifying or removing crash bars. It’s tough to find because of the difference in specs between tire and lift/level manufacturers. Man, I wish there was a spreadsheet for it but it seems that you either have to go with stock wheels and narrow spacers for 285s or stay above +30mm offset. You might be the canary in the coal mine on this one. Good luck and if you find a combination that works, spread the word.

All the best!
Sponsored