First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Looking for a decent lift kit for 2020 Ranger XLT 2WD. New to the truck ownership club and still learning a lot so please forgive me. Thoughts or suggestions? I will look through other threads soon! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Really depends on what you are looking for. I leveled the front with a 2.5 inch level from fordrangerlifts. Love it. how tall are you looking to go and how much do you want to spend? Are you happy with the current ride? Those would all be things to consider.

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Really depends on what you are looking for. I leveled the front with a 2.5 inch level from fordrangerlifts. Love it. how tall are you looking to go and how much do you want to spend? Are you happy with the current ride? Those would all be things to consider.
I am happy with the ride. A little stiffer or looser either way wouldn't make a difference to me. I don't want to spend more than $1300 or so. I want to go up about 2-3" and level it off. But I've also heard a block leveling kit isn't the best thing for the longevity of the car. So I was going to look at a suspension lift.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I would probably go with the Fox 2.0 if that fits the 2wd. Gives over 2 inches and improves the ride. Maybe someone will post that has replaced their 2wd suspension with some additional advice.

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I would probably go with the Fox 2.0 if that fits the 2wd. Gives over 2 inches and improves the ride. Maybe someone will post that has replaced their 2wd suspension with some additional advice.
Funny you mention that. I called them yesterday because I was getting frustrated trying to find a 2wd compatible lift. That's the exact one they recommended. It's adjustable up to 3". Once I finish up some schoolwork in a week or two my wife gave me the green light! Now I just have to find steps that give me the look I want.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Funny you mention that. I called them yesterday because I was getting frustrated trying to find a 2wd compatible lift. That's the exact one they recommended. It's adjustable up to 3". Once I finish up some schoolwork in a week or two my wife gave me the green light! Now I just have to find steps that give me the look I want.
Something to also consider is the Old Man EMU from ARB. That is made in Australia and it gives a bit more of a practical and functional lift vs just leveling. You get more compared to the Fox kit at a similar price. Not bad mouthing Fox here as I know they make good shit, I just prefer to not have my lights point to the sky when i load the rear end.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Something to also consider is the Old Man EMU from ARB. That is made in Australia and it gives a bit more of a practical and functional lift vs just leveling. You get more compared to the Fox kit at a similar price. Not bad mouthing Fox here as I know they make good shit, I just prefer to not have my lights point to the sky when i load the rear end.
I was thinking their rear spring kit would work wonders to prevent that from happening.

OP
OP
Station18Ranger

Station18Ranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The Old Man EMU website doesn't seem to have product for the 2020 XLT 2.3L. I only found diesel (not sure if that even matters). But also, I have a 2wd so I don't need anything crazy. The FOX 2.0 kit I found and liked is around $1300. I can get a very similar kit from Eibach which is just as reputable and slightly more than half that price. I will be doing some very light "offroading" so I don't want to (and can't afford to) throw the bank at it. I also have to be careful and get a lift that is 2wd compatible. From what I've read, 4x4 lifts aren't always a 1 for 1 swap. Also, the kit I'm going to get has a max of 3" lift in front and comes with a 1" block for the rear, presumably to keep my lights from "pointing into the sky"! If I'm wrong or mistaken on anything please feel free to educate me! LOL ***DISCLAIMER I am no mechanic or car junkie so I'm still learning all the little nuances and what works with what!:crackup:***

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
The Old Man EMU website doesn't seem to have product for the 2020 XLT 2.3L. I only found diesel (not sure if that even matters). But also, I have a 2wd so I don't need anything crazy. The FOX 2.0 kit I found and liked is around $1300. I can get a very similar kit from Eibach which is just as reputable and slightly more than half that price. I will be doing some very light "offroading" so I don't want to (and can't afford to) throw the bank at it. I also have to be careful and get a lift that is 2wd compatible. From what I've read, 4x4 lifts aren't always a 1 for 1 swap. Also, the kit I'm going to get has a max of 3" lift in front and comes with a 1" block for the rear, presumably to keep my lights from "pointing into the sky"! If I'm wrong or mistaken on anything please feel free to educate me! LOL ***DISCLAIMER I am no mechanic or car junkie so I'm still learning all the little nuances and what works with what!:crackup:***
Unfortunately thier site won't show for US vehicles. If you go to the ARB website you will find it. Also Stage 3 had them available. Talk to Jason@Stage3 and he can help you out.
Sponsored