Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
If someone could get a couple of measurements for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for the distance from the ground to the bottom inner surface where the hitch slides in and from the ground to the top surface of the tailgate. I'm trying to figure out how much rise to put into a bed extender I'm building to haul my kayak with and I'd like to get it close so it will be ready when my truck gets here... My delivery date was just moved from 21 to 28 Apr and I'll be leaving for Mississippi the 4th or 5th of May....hopefully, I'll be driving my new Ranger.....there's always hope...
Thanks Again in advance !!!

hitch measurements.jpg
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
If someone could get a couple of measurements for me, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for the distance from the ground to the bottom inner surface where the hitch slides in and from the ground to the top surface of the tailgate. I'm trying to figure out how much rise to put into a bed extender I'm building to haul my kayak with and I'd like to get it close so it will be ready when my truck gets here... My delivery date was just moved from 21 to 28 Apr and I'll be leaving for Mississippi the 4th or 5th of May....hopefully, I'll be driving my new Ranger.....there's always hope...
Thanks Again in advance !!!

hitch measurements.jpg
Hitch: 1' 7 13/16"
Tailgate: spray in bed liner 2' 10 1/8"

@rangerdanger wasn't there a schematics posted somewhere in the forums with all the measurements including these. height, width, length, box cab frame all kinds of things.

Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
@rangerdanger wasn't there a schematics posted somewhere in the forums with all the measurements including these. height, width, length, box cab frame all kinds of things.
Box floor to ground 33" according to Ford, but maybe a tape measure will prove more accurate or reliable.

OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies everyone !!!!! So, I'll need to build a "curve" into the extender that rises 14 5/16" from the bottom of the hitch to being level with the tailgate. Easy-peasy !! I'll post pics here and in the projects forum once I get it done, but I'll need my truck first..........

SRAces

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA, 2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Special Edition
Occupation
USAF (retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Will be interested to see what you make. :wink: I use the Boonedox one that curves up and is adjustable for hauling a single kayak in the bed.

SingleKayak.jpg
Sponsored