First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
This is not official Toyota right? Its a kit made by WALD.
Anyway, that thing has more 3M than Walmart. Typical demographic overkill IMO. If you do any serious offroad, pieces of it would just fall off. Talking about this specific unit.

Last edited:

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
It doesn't look horrific but I think my 4 year old dog could draw something up a bit better. The tacoma isn't a bad looking truck if Toyota just gave it more torque and gears instead of 3m tape and plastic weights it wouldn't be so bad.

Hightork

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew
I have owned and driven several Tacomas, aside from the low seating position, I loved my Taco. My most recent being a 2018 TRD Offroad in the pic here. I immediately regeared it to 4.88's after purchase, due to the lack of torque and awful transmission gearing. I then purchased Ovtune software to retune specifically for the transmission shift mapping. Offroading it was a beast, problem is 90% driving was daily, 5% towing my little camper and 5% Offroading. That equates to 95% of driving with that powertrain was sadly underpowered below 3500 rpm where Atkinson cycle would be engaged full time. I liked the old Rangers, so after a year of seeing these on the road I test drove a 2019 back in Feb. on clearance ($8900 below sticker). After driving it, seeing the cost savings, and loving the low end torque of this little Ecoboost, I pulled the trigger. So, essentially my opinion is simple. Glad Ford brought the Ranger back to us, no more Toyota for me. I don't think putting a bunch of appearance goodies on it will be enough to make up for their awful power-trains. Sorry for the rant guys.
taco in the woods.JPG
Sponsored