Look at that damage... any idea how much it will cost? ?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Those Ranger tail lamp units are insanely expensive. Sadly , I feel there is about a 500% markup to milk insurance companies.

My auto insurance just went up by about 10%. Excuse? I opened up one too many credit card accounts within the last 6 months, despite having excellent credit- driving record, etc. :(
That is crazy. I think I would shop around for another insurance company. If you are a vet, USAA is great. Maybe not quite as good it was 20 years ago, but still a significant discount over any I can find other than fly by night outfits.
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
That is crazy. I think I would shop around for another insurance company. If you are a vet, USAA is great. Maybe not quite as good it was 20 years ago, but still a significant discount over any I can find other than fly by night outfits.
Thanks for the info.

I was with State Farm from the time I started driving my own vehicles with a legal license (another story!). Experienced a single vehicle accident in 2011 - total payout was around $10k and SF went insane ever after. still have my homeowner's insurance with SF.

A friend advised that I should check with Hagerty for a couple of my older classics, moved all four of my 4 wheel vehicles over to the new agent, kept my bikes and the home with SF.

Sold off everything after I stopped riding my bikes, replaced with the Ranger and the Chrysler. Not a Vet, although I did come from a military family. Ranger and Chrysler are with Erie at the moment.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the info.

I was with State Farm from the time I started driving my own vehicles with a legal license (another story!). Experienced a single vehicle accident in 2011 - total payout was around $10k and SF went insane ever after. still have my homeowner's insurance with SF.

A friend advised that I should check with Hagerty for a couple of my older classics, moved all four of my 4 wheel vehicles over to the new agent, kept my bikes and the home with SF.

Sold off everything after I stopped riding my bikes, replaced with the Ranger and the Chrysler. Not a Vet, although I did come from a military family. Ranger and Chrysler are with Erie at the moment.
I have had Hagerty for a few classics over the years and I don’t know if their rates are best, but at least they understand classic cars, so I suspect they are probably better than anything mainstream.

If you had a dad or mom who had USAA, you still might be able to get it. I am not sure if they had to be active (active insurance, not active duty) for one of their kids to get a policy, but might be worth a call.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I have had Hagerty for a few classics over the years and I don’t know if their rates are best, but at least they understand classic cars, so I suspect they are probably better than anything mainstream.

If you had a dad or mom who had USAA, you still might be able to get it. I am not sure if they had to be active (active insurance, not active duty) for one of their kids to get a policy, but might be worth a call.
Hagerty rates for identical coverage were 1/3rd of what SF was charging me. The stipulation being I could use neither as a 'primary vehicle'.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Hagerty rates for identical coverage were 1/3rd of what SF was charging me. The stipulation being I could use neither as a 'primary vehicle'.
I didn’t realize that, man I love to get a deal, even when I find out about after the fact!

When I got Hagerty, it was on the recommendation of a friend who was deep into car collecting and had forgotten more than I knew I would ever know on the subject, so I just followed his advice.

Great to know.

In our latest house I purposefully built a two car garage and no big shop. It paid big dividends when another friend of mine, another nutty car guy, sold his whole collection as he was moving out of the country. He called and sent me the list of everything amd gave me first dibs at his reserve price he would set at auction. I was sorely tempted in a couple I had loved for a long time. That two car garage really saved me for myself. :)

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t realize that, man I love to get a deal, even when I find out about after the fact!

When I got Hagerty, it was on the recommendation of a friend who was deep into car collecting and had forgotten more than I knew I would ever know on the subject, so I just followed his advice.

Great to know.

In our latest house I purposefully built a two car garage and no big shop. It paid big dividends when another friend of mine, another nutty car guy, sold his whole collection as he was moving out of the country. He called and sent me the list of everything amd gave me first dibs at his reserve price he would set at auction. I was sorely tempted in a couple I had loved for a long time. That two car garage really saved me for myself. :)
You know what they say Bill, you only live once. Besides your wife is super cool so I am sure she would be totally fine with it lol

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Gotta look at the bright side, try to remain positive and think what could have happened if you lent it to a person you didn't trust. You did ask for comic relief........:sunglasses:
I lent my '73 F100 Ranger to someone I 'somewhat' trusted. It came back needing a new transmission. And they never said a word. Just dropped it off and kept on going. Needless to say, my trust level went from somewhat to none.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
You know what they say Bill, you only live once. Besides your wife is super cool so I am sure she would be totally fine with it lol
Oh man, I have to tell you, Joel had so many cool cars. I will send you a few pics, just so you know how tempted I really was.

But, I am committed to lightening ship of toys. For me nowadays, a hike in the high country with Mary and they dogs is just about perfect.

First PT today and got to throw off the yoke of oppression (the walker). My PT gal showed me how to use the cane (I was doing it totally wrong). Mary said I look 10 years younger with the cane. Said I looked hot! :)

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I lent my '73 F100 Ranger to someone I 'somewhat' trusted. It came back needing a new transmission. And they never said a word. Just dropped it off and kept on going. Needless to say, my trust level went from somewhat to none.
Been there - done that long ago. The egregious perp committed suicide some years later - had mixed feelings. High School Chum whose dad spent time in a Fed Pen.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, I have to tell you, Joel had so many cool cars. I will send you a few pics, just so you know how tempted I really was.

But, I am committed to lightening ship of toys. For me nowadays, a hike in the high country with Mary and they dogs is just about perfect.

First PT today and got to throw off the yoke of oppression (the walker). My PT gal showed me how to use the cane (I was doing it totally wrong). Mary said I look 10 years younger with the cane. Said I looked hot! :)
Please do and thats awesome! just out of curiosity how does one properly use a cane and are you gonna go for the tazer one I sent you earlier lol. And you may need to keep the cane around even when you are back up and running at full strength, happy wife happy life or so i am told

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase

They have me starting my more intense stuff trying to get the muscles and all that strengthened up now and holy cow is my left leg weak, its like that sucker is made of jelly I never realized how much i was autonomously shifting the work and load to my right until they isolated and compared them, a lot of the stuff is in the water tho which is nice, my parents joke I am part fish since i am more comfortable and clearly much more dexterous in there than on land lmao. I will say one good thing about the crutches, they make the leg day soreness and stiffness a lot easier to deal with ??

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I trust no one. If I lend something (rare indeed) I assume it’s gone, never to be seen again.
Loan a vehicle? Nope.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Please do and thats awesome! just out of curiosity how does one properly use a cane and are you gonna go for the tazer one I sent you earlier lol. And you may need to keep the cane around even when you are back up and running at full strength, happy wife happy life or so i am told
Ha, when zi was using the cane, I was using it like that guy did on House. Using it on the same side as the bad leg, leaning on the cane instead of the bad hip/leg. The way she showed me, it is onthe other side and it goes forward in time with the bad leg. It is only for balance, not support. My gate is like I never had a new hip installed. I am really stoked.

Oh and I am using my 40 yo wooden cane. I don’t need no stink in’ tazer… ;)

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
They have me starting my more intense stuff trying to get the muscles and all that strengthened up now and holy cow is my left leg weak, its like that sucker is made of jelly I never realized how much i was autonomously shifting the work and load to my right until they isolated and compared them, a lot of the stuff is in the water tho which is nice, my parents joke I am part fish since i am more comfortable and clearly much more dexterous in there than on land lmao. I will say one good thing about the crutches, they make the leg day soreness and stiffness a lot easier to deal with ??
She said to me we weren’t starting the strength stuff yet, just firing the muscles to let them know to get ready. ;)