First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Was set on a diamondback cover set up. While at an accessory shop getting line x applied, I was browsing the little "toy" displays of bed covers they had and a salesman showed me the LoMax cover from Argicover.

I really like the idea of being able to take the panels off if I need all the space of my tiny bed. I like the DB yet, it looks like one is stuck with that cross bar that holds the panel hinges though. Does this remove as well? Cost is another factor with the DB, a cover, rack system and one of the cross bin boxes would be $2500 at least.

Future plan is a RTT hence the need for a rack system of some sort. LoMax has a rack but, it looks more like a contractors style rack.

Anyone own the LoMax? I'm going to contact Billiebars and see what they have to say as they have a universal rack system.
Sponsored

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I have had one for 2 years. Highly recommend it. No water leaks, lays flat, easily removed or folded. Extremely well built and easy to install easy

?man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I have had one for 2 years. Highly recommend it. No water leaks, lays flat, easily removed or folded. Extremely well built and easy to install easy
Does it have the shocks up front so it will stand up so you have access to the full bed ?

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
No shocks but it can be partially or completely folded over and secured to drive.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I have a Lomax and I'm happy with it. The ease of taking it on/off is what sold me on it. In the spring I mount the side rails (leave them on for the season) and the cover goes on/off as I need it. I store it on a rack suspended from the garage ceiling which makes it easy to go on/off. Once the side rails are mounted taking the cover on/off is less than a minute.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
I’ve got the diamondback SE, and after having several back flips and ARE covers the diamondback is by far the strongest and most secure cover I could find. Keep an eye on the outlet section, usually 20% off. Highly rec. it. not Hard to remove and install, and the SE holds 400 lbs. one of our members here has the RTT setup and his truck is in their gallery.

6257935F-BDDB-4B20-81D8-2B859D047AF0.jpeg

cactuss4

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
I have a Lomax cover, but would get the Bakflip if buying again. The front leaks with how the front seal got installed (this is one me and not cutting out all of the drop in bed liner). I thought being able to remove it would have been a feature I used more, but I've had it off the truck once in 2-ish years. Also, having the ability to flip it up at the rear window (like the Bakflip) would have been a much more useful feature. The Bakflip also seems to seal better on the tailgate end; knowing where the rear latches are makes it trivial to open the Lomax with a long pick.

OP
OP

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
I’m still looking.
Been looking at the Peragon brand as well. Not sure how much I like having to push down the cover to get it to open.

More than likely will go with a DB, just going to spend the money and get it over with?

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
can speak pretty highly about the Gator EFX so far. installed a little over 2 years..

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 10.24.08.png

Gator EFX Hard Cvr copy.png
Sponsored