Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Been haunting for me for quite some time but my purchase of a 2020 Nautilus was on dealer trade at Team Ford in Las Vegas NV. It came with Lojack installed....I did not want it but it was part of the purchase that I chose not to fight and figured out I would just remove this after I bought the vehicle. So I got the Lojack pamphlets and other Lojack crap. So called....I asked them how I might remove this POS and repair the hacked wiring. They would not tell me but to take it to a Lojack tec and he would review the install, but not remove it! Bull$hit... I have searched the vehicle, but not sure for what to look. I still want to pull this POS out of the vehicle but I have to find it first.... The Lojack folks tried to get me to renew but I told them to put it where the sun don't shine...so now the lojack module is just along for the ride.

Any ideas on how to locate this module...guess it is purposely not easily visible... Lojack phone people are really snots...I do not recommend them at all.

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i think i recall something about those going in dash tucked up behind the head units. I would imagine the non factory wiring would be either at the fuse box or spliced on to something that stays hot. Look for a harness that has a in and out out or double female pigtail. one will go to normal ford stuff and the other will be the lojack. Another common place is tapped into the obd port. behind the glove box is also common. i would also look in line between ignition and starter / starter solenoid. You may be looking for 3 "boxes" or more. one is the transmitter / receiver one is the kill switch and then one is the tracker computer. the better the install the harder to find. I wonder if it is actively sending a signal? if it is, some ham radio goodies may be able to help find it by looking for RF that is not the normal ford stuff.

Last edited:

Dollar

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL STX 4x4, Focus, Mustang, F150, MC's
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Found a video of someone removing one.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
a very old device looked like this. bottom was the transmitter and an obvious gel cell battery for backup. there was a simple power pigtail and then an antenna that had to be routed somewhere, under the carpet, up into dash. but this was a 90's era unit, so I imagine they evolved a bit.

I have read they are suspending all service, seems odd they want you to renew. besides. wasnt Lojack a one and done type install? at least it was back in the 90's.

I will say this, for a while they were the best way to recover a car before it was cut up or shipped overseas in a container.

also, the unit will likely be covered in black tape, covering all identifying markings.

further edit, did some googling and it appears lojack is still marketing thier system and its quite different. this pic is a old style that only activated after your VIN was entered into the NCIC by law enforcement. the new systems appear to be tracking and sending location data more frequently.

why take it out if its a new system thats paid for and registered to the vehicle?

lojack.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: