Locking doors with key

soloer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I imagine there’s a solution for the issue I ran into today that I haven’t figured out yet, but I cant figure it out. I had my Ranger parked today and went for a run. I didn’t want to carry the entire fob, so I figured I’d just take the key out of the fob and lock the door with the key. I put the fob in the truck and locked the driver door with the key. However, all the other doors stayed unlocked! What am I missing?
Sponsored

GrayGen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received Ranger September 19th. Hot Pepper Red Lariat 4x2. Locking rear axle 501 package Spray bedliner Bed extender & more
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You can't lock the truck with the fob inside. It's a safety feature.

OP
OP
soloer

soloer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
You can't lock the truck with the fob inside. It's a safety feature.
That makes sense. Makes me miss my Fusion touchpad though. Thanks!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That makes sense. Makes me miss my Fusion touchpad though. Thanks!
You can add the touchpad direct from Ford, I think they're like $90.00. Some here have installed them on the back side of the gas door which I think is a great option.

OP
OP
soloer

soloer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
You can add the touchpad direct from Ford, I think they're like $90.00. Some here have installed them on the back side of the gas door which I think is a great option.
That's a good idea! I wonder if it would work with the fob in the truck though. A friend of mine found something called HitchSafe. I haven't looked into it in detail yet, but I don't use my hitch often so it seems like it might work well.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good idea! I wonder if it would work with the fob in the truck though. A friend of mine found something called HitchSafe. I haven't looked into it in detail yet, but I don't use my hitch often so it seems like it might work well.
HitchSafe is a good choice, I used to have a fleet of work pickups and the drivers that worked 2 weeks on 1 week off would fly out of different cities and use the safe to put the key fob in then fly back and report to the site.

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said, if you have the keypad, you can use that to lock it (7/8 and 9/0 pressed together) with the key in the truck. You can use a faraday bag (basically an aluminum sack) and put your key in it and lock the truck. You can use your phone and FordPass to lock the truck. Or if you have a tonneau cover or sorts, you can lock it in the bed.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Last edited:
OP
OP
soloer

soloer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Opted for the HitchSafe. Found it interesting it was $70 on their website, and only $50 on Amazon. Ordered it yesterday with regular free shipping and it’s being delivered today. Looking forward to using this easy solution!
Sponsored