Loading ramps

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I’m looking for some lightweight, foldable, aluminum loading ramps to help get my mower, wood chipper, etc. In the bed. I found this one that I seem to like better than the ladder rung style that most seem to be. Anyone have a better recommendation?

https://www.discountramps.com/ppaf-9012-2/p/PPAF-9012-2/
Sponsored

davidham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
retired
I’m looking for some lightweight, foldable, aluminum loading ramps to help get my mower, wood chipper, etc. In the bed. I found this one that I seem to like better than the ladder rung style that most seem to be. Anyone have a better recommendation?

https://www.discountramps.com/ppaf-9012-2/p/PPAF-9012-2/
It'll be hard to get the mower in without catching the deck. Can you load it from a higher spot you can back the truck up to?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
It'll be hard to get the mower in without catching the deck. Can you load it from a higher spot you can back the truck up to?
I could get my z-turn mower into my cargo trailer with similar style ramps, BUT couldn't do the same with my Ram....it caught on the mower deck like davidham said above. So, I'd back the rear wheels of the truck into the little ditch along the road and load it that way....I'd have to do the same when I got to my destination. After loading/unloading mowers and 4-wheelers into/out of my truck, it's always a little, OK, a LOT sketchy unless you can bring the rear of the truck down, in any way. Seen too many video's of it going wrong. Safety 3rd !! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Joeiconic

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Thanks guys. Sorry, I should have clarified that I’m just looking for aid to walk a push mower (and chipper) into the bed , not a rider. I used to have a set of wood ramps made out of 2 x 10 x 8’s , but they are too heavy, too hard to store and you can’t haul them around. A set of ramps are handy for awkwardly sized items on those occasions that a helper isn’t available. For example, I’ve used them to slide out appliances, etc.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Those look like a good choice Rob. About as lightweight as you can get, arch design, folding, and decent traction with that surface. I’ve had similar ramps in steel with an expanded metal surface. I borrowed a ladder-style set once. It worked but it just wasn’t suitable for smaller wheels. That price isn’t too bad either.
Sponsored