First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
I have a set of 265/70/17 Linglong all terrains i pulled off my old beater Avalanche before she went to the great scrapyard in the sky. They only have about 10k on them, lot of tread left and in great shape. Thinking about throwing them on the ranger and using them up. Anyone ever run these tires, and what are your thoughts on them. I don't off road, but do use rough forest service roads when out hunting and fishing. They were fine on the Avalanche, so i suppose they would be ok on the ranger?Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I've never even heard of them before this thread. I am not a huge brand-name snob type but with tires, I stick to the big guys with my favorite being Michelin. Especially on the higher horsepower vehicles I have run.

If you trust them, go for it. I like to get the best rubber I can under me for safety/not being stranded reasons.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
LOL ??

I didnt think anyone here would bother with those here!! I have seen one set before and all I could do was laugh!!

If you want to use them go ahead but I would suggest getting a good name brand tire afterwords.

Utah_Bound

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2021 Renegade Upland 4x4
Occupation
Plumber
lol I saw some Linglongs on tiktok. Tires are the only part of your vehicle that touches the road, but I would probably run them.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
Shandong Linglong Tire Co., Ltd.
Linglong is a brand of tires from Shandong Linglong Tire Co., Ltd., a Top 20 global tire manufacturer with headquarters in Zhaoyuan City in the Shandong Province of China.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
as much as i do not wanna admit it, some pretty good tires are made overseas. i try to avoid china tires. but, ive had some good tires from thailand japan singapore and india...
its all in the details.
i say if they are still in good shape maybe keep them as spares at least.

OP
OP

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Yea they were just cheap tires i threw on the Avalanche, I knew it's days were numbered so i didn't want to spend a lot.
Now they are just sitting in the garage and
thought i would use 'em up as a summer tire. Didn't know if anyone else had run them on anything. If i was buying new tires
for the ranger i would go with a much better tire/brand! Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Truck driver
Hell no.

Don't cheap out on tires people.
Lol I run about 400 miles a day on recaps, 5 days a week. I agree about using good tires, but sometimes good enough is good enough.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
tires are going up in price it seems. more of us may be looking for budget rubber soon.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
as much as i do not wanna admit it, some pretty good tires are made overseas. i try to avoid china tires. but, ive had some good tires from thailand japan singapore and india...
its all in the details.
i say if they are still in good shape maybe keep them as spares at least.
I love my Falken Wildpeaks, which are made by a Japanese company with long experience and a great reputation, so it is not really a question of U.S. vs. overseas when it comes to quality alone. But I feel safer with the larger international or American brands, as their products are regularly rated and tested over here. Still, getting the Ling Lings "free" so to speak is a pretty good incentive to try them out...