OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
This Ocala by chance?
No, Ronbo is correct. I'm up in the panhandle. Not only do I have Eglin to enjoy, we are surrounded by many woodland parks in Florida and lower Alabama. Yellow river management area, Black water river state park, Conecuh National forest, Choctawhatchee River management area to name a few. All within driving distance and each with their own unique areas.

I lived in Port St John's near Cocoa for a while in the past. Had some great times off roading on the St John's river area. Had my fair share of walkouts from getting stuck out there in the middle of no where. Really miss my airboat though. All great memories of Central Fl.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
nice video looks like yall had a good time! some of that was deep, as you were going in i was thinking oh snap here goes the alternator lol. any issue with it? did you wash it out after?

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice video looks like yall had a good time! some of that was deep, as you were going in i was thinking oh snap here goes the alternator lol. any issue with it? did you wash it out after?
42k on the ticker so far and no issues with the alternator. The key is to flush out the mud after each trip. Hit it lightly with the garden hose with no issues. There goes the theory with water on the ole alternator. Just depends how long you stay submerged. I've had alternators go bad on my tacoma as well. Just learned to keep them clean.

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I never say never, lol. Sooner or later it will give up the ghost. When you off road alot you just have to roll with the punches. Gotta pay for all that fun.
Yeah, I'm here in orlando and have gone through some crazy shit as well and have had zero problems, but like you I also clean the truck out immediately after, generally tho despite all of what ive gone through the engine bay stays fairly clean and there is not much if anything collected on the top of the skid plates.

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
No, Ronbo is correct. I'm up in the panhandle. Not only do I have Eglin to enjoy, we are surrounded by many woodland parks in Florida and lower Alabama. Yellow river management area, Black water river state park, Conecuh National forest, Choctawhatchee River management area to name a few. All within driving distance and each with their own unique areas.

I lived in Port St John's near Cocoa for a while in the past. Had some great times off roading on the St John's river area. Had my fair share of walkouts from getting stuck out there in the middle of no where. Really miss my airboat though. All great memories of Central Fl.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I recently had an opportunity to transfer up to the Ft Walton beach area. How do you like it compared to the east coast? We love it here but I could see myself spending all my time sitting in a pontoon boat at crab island ?

OP
OP
Stangman570

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I recently had an opportunity to transfer up to the Ft Walton beach area. How do you like it compared to the east coast? We love it here but I could see myself spending all my time sitting in a pontoon boat at crab island ?
There is no comparison. Hands down the Emerald Coast is one of the best in Florida. If you can get away from the tourist that is. We often get away from the beach side of things and take your boats up to the numerous natural spring that boil up out of the natural limestone caverns up here. In the summer time you honestly roast on one side and freeze in the cold water cumming up out of the spring. Nothing like it for sure.
Sponsored