Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I installed raptor style grill lights over the holidays and I suddenly noticed I have a problem. It seems that my DRL's and Grille Lights are not working during the daytime unless you manual switch to the DRL/Parking Light selection on the headlight control knob. They work fine in that mode and also at night in auto mode. Weird! I flashed back and forth with several performance tunes this last week so maybe that had something to do with it. I could have sworn they were working during the day right after I hooked them up. Sadly I did several things to my Ranger over the last several week that could have had a hand in this.....Any ideas or has anyone encountered this?
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed raptor style grill lights over the holidays and I suddenly noticed I have a problem. It seems that my DRL's and Grille Lights are not working during the daytime unless you manual switch to the DRL/Parking Light selection on the headlight control knob. They work fine in that mode and also at night in auto mode. Weird! I flashed back and forth with several performance tunes this last week so maybe that had something to do with it. I could have sworn they were working during the day right after I hooked them up. Sadly I did several things to my Ranger over the last several week that could have had a hand in this.....Any ideas or has anyone encountered this?
This is normal. DRLs are only the headlights, no parking lights (and thus no grille lights) unless you enable that in FORScan (or maybe with your tuner?), but by default/stock this is expected behavior.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
If you’re tapped into a side marker or front parking light, they don’t illuminate with the DRLs unless you’ve enabled that in ForScan. Also, DRLs don’t illuminate while the truck is in park. You’ll need to set the parking brake and put it in neutral.

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re tapped into a side marker or front parking light, they don’t illuminate with the DRLs unless you’ve enabled that in ForScan. Also, DRLs don’t illuminate while the truck is in park. You’ll need to set the parking brake and put it in neutral.
Thanks David! That's exactly what's up. I'll go into FORScan this evening and enable the marker lights with the DRL's. I've been meaning to get back in there and disable that double honk with the key out and a couple of other things. I did not realize the DRL's don't work in park....If I'm not learning something new everyday, I'm not happy...Thanks again!

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
This is normal. DRLs are only the headlights, no parking lights (and thus no grille lights) unless you enable that in FORScan (or maybe with your tuner?), but by default/stock this is expected behavior.
Thanks!!!!

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Thanks David! That's exactly what's up. I'll go into FORScan this evening and enable the marker lights with the DRL's. I've been meaning to get back in there and disable that double honk with the key out and a couple of other things. I did not realize the DRL's don't work in park....If I'm not learning something new everyday, I'm not happy...Thanks again!
No problem. The taillights will be on with the DRLs as well if you enable that. It just turns on the whole parking light circuit. If you only wanted the front DRLs and your grille lights, you’ll need to tap into the wire for your Lariat’s LED strips.
Sponsored