License plate bulb change to LED

Truck2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Yep, very easy. Just did it 10 minutes ago. A minute or so on each side.
I found I had a pair of these 5K VLEDS bulbs from a previous vehicle install.
As you know, the bulb set up is straight up.LED glows sideways into the lens. Will see how they look at night later.

https://www.vleds.com/shop-products/led-bulbs/194/194-14-ll.html

I don't know if I'll bother changing the side markers. Maybe the bed lights to LED.

Can you post a pic of your LED plate lights at night? Also, were they 5500K?
Sponsored

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Yes they are 194 bulbs.
I swapped every bulb that wasn't LED to LED when I got my Ranger. I cannot stand non LED...Especially since with the 302A package, the entire rear tail lights are LED.

IMG_9835 2.jpg
Really sharp looking tailgate lettering, where you got them from?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I've loved every DiodeDynamic product I've had (I had a lot in the Mustang). I'm a little worried about the license plate because of the glare it has currently, but I think it'll be fine from everything I've seen so far.

Tomorrow I should have license plate (HP3 / 56 lumens), sidemarker (HP5 / 92 lumens), backup (HP11 / 310 lumens), 3rd brake light (HP5 / 92 lumens), and fog light (SLF / 780 lumens) LEDs arriving. I completely forgot to order the cargo lights so those have been ordered (HP36 / 210 lumens) and should probably be here next week.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've loved every DiodeDynamic product I've had (I had a lot in the Mustang). I'm a little worried about the license plate because of the glare it has currently, but I think it'll be fine from everything I've seen so far.

Tomorrow I should have license plate (HP3 / 56 lumens), sidemarker (HP5 / 92 lumens), backup (HP11 / 310 lumens), 3rd brake light (HP5 / 92 lumens), and fog light (SLF / 780 lumens) LEDs arriving. I completely forgot to order the cargo lights so those have been ordered (HP36 / 210 lumens) and should probably be here next week.
Thanks for the post, what color temperature are these lamps you've ordered?
Is your Ranger a Lariat?
I cannot understand why Ford does not equip the Lariat trim level with all exterior LED lamps, instead of just a few.
There's another post here about which exterior lamps are LED's and which aren't, when my 2020 Lariat arrives, I will replace ALL the non LED lamps.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Is your Ranger a Lariat?
I cannot understand why Ford does not equip the Lariat trim level with all exterior LED lamps, instead of just a few.
There's another post here about which exterior lamps are LED's and which aren't, when my 2020 Lariat arrives, I will replace ALL the non LED lamps.
But remember that if you replace the turn signal bulbs in the headlight assembly you will get the hyper blink issue unless you also mess w/ forscan like other members have done.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
But remember that if you replace the turn signal bulbs in the headlight assembly you will get the hyper blink issue unless you also mess w/ forscan like other members have done.
Thanks for the reminder, but like a kid in a toy store I've ordered all sorts of things for my 2020, including the OBD II
ForScan adapter.
:handsinair:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Is your Ranger a Lariat?
Nope, I've got an XLT. I couldn't find a Lariat that I really wanted, and really didn't want/need all the extra features that pricetag brought with it.

Bulbs:
Plate (HP3): Cool White (6000K)
Sidemarker (HP5): Amber
Backup (HP11): Cool White (6000K)
3rd (HP5): Red
Fog (SLF): Cool White (6000K)

Or install a resistor in the circuit which is also pretty easy to do (and places like diodedynamics sell them for ~$10): https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-resistor-kit-pair.html

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope, I've got an XLT. I couldn't find a Lariat that I really wanted, and really didn't want/need all the extra features that pricetag brought with it.

Bulbs:
Plate (HP3): Cool White (6000K)
Sidemarker (HP5): Amber
Backup (HP11): Cool White (6000K)
3rd (HP5): Red
Fog (SLF): Cool White (6000K)

Or install a resistor in the circuit which is also pretty easy to do (and places like diodedynamics sell them for ~$10): https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-resistor-kit-pair.html
Thanks for the response, sir.
I sprung for the Lariat series to "shoot for the moon" so to speak...lol, my last new vehicle purchase was 20 years ago
Spoke with James @ Diode Dynamics, he was very helpful, I don't mind paying the prices for their products, after all they are made in the good 'ol USA, instead of some asian sweatshop.
Will definitely order from them when my truck makes it's debut.
:thumbsup:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response, sir.
I sprung for the Lariat series to "shoot for the moon" so to speak...lol, my last new vehicle purchase was 20 years ago
Spoke with James @ Diode Dynamics, he was very helpful, I don't mind paying the prices for their products, after all they are made in the good 'ol USA, instead of some asian sweatshop.
Will definitely order from them when my truck makes it's debut.
:thumbsup:
Absolutely! I'm happy to spread the love. I filled the Mustang with DD stuff (sidemarkers, all interior lamps because they were *ALL* terrible incandescent bulbs that gave off no light to the interior, sequencer and 4th brake light), and their support is amazing. The products are fantastic. They run 20% off sales semi-regularly, but I'm happy to pay full price for their stuff, it's worth every penny I think.

I don't blame you about the lariat! It was a bit of a "downgrade" to go to an XLT from the Premium trim my Mustang had, but I'm still super happy to be back in a Ranger.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport Supercrew and a 2019 Yamaha MT09
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are 194 bulbs.
I swapped every bulb that wasn't LED to LED when I got my Ranger. I cannot stand non LED...Especially since with the 302A package, the entire rear tail lights are LED.

IMG_9835 2.jpg
Where did you get the light up ford badge at?

Inklesstako

First Name
Oren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt
The brand I used are all gtr LEDs. The turn signal are gtr switchback with out canbus. The best thing to do is call headlight revolution and ask for max he was the one that helped me. He should know exactly what you’ll need.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I did not get any hyper flash or any issues. I changed all lights to LEDs.https://headlightrevolution.com
Interesting,nice to know, because those who have Lariats have either had hyper blink in the turn signal in the LED Head Light assembly or have made adjustments with forscan. The Lariat headlight assembly is all LED except the park/turn signal bulb.
Sponsored