LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little late to starting this thread, since I've basically finished my build. Thought i'd post how everything went along the way, so others can use for input in their own builds or to decide for themselves whether to go with any of the mods I did.

Credit to j0shm1lls, Msfitoy, RCMUSTANG and MrRisk for the inspiration, walk-throughs, and parts to get this built. Links to the individual threads that assisted to follow below.

Stage 1: OEM
  • 4x4 XLT in Hot Pepper Red w/ Tow Package, 302A Sport Package, running boards, and E-Locker
MVIMG_20190408_181337.jpg

IMG_20190408_181321.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 3: Grille, Auto-Fold Mirrors, Grille Lights
  • Installed Raptor KO Grille from "Connecticut Joe" (See j0shm1lls's post related to it here. He did a super-helpful write-up and YouTube video for it).
  • With the help of RCMUSTANG's thread here, installed the mirror auto-fold module. This may be my favorite mod to date, and has already saved me from losing a mirror when parked on the street.
  • I flat-out copied Msfitoy's idea for the raptor grille lights and rigged up my own harness using some cheap-o trailer lights from Menards. See his post on it over in his Msfitoy V3.0 build thread.
IMG_20190530_224850.jpg

IMG_20190530_224914.jpg

I also vinyl-wrapped the lower valence cover, but ultimately removed it. I did a poor enough job with it that I wasn't happy (Too many small sharp corners by the sensors) and ended up looking better once I added the skid plate.
IMG_20190601_214650.jpg

IMG_20190601_214635.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 4: Wheels, Tires, Lift
  • With some assistance from XTP Diesel and Off-Road here in Dayton, got some 17x9.5 Black Rhino Barstows w/ +12 Offset. Mounted these on some 285/70-17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, all paired with a 3.5" Icon Stage 2 (tubular) lift (Temporarily a Stage 1 while we wait for the new tubular UCA's to arrive. I was antsy, so they went ahead and installed on my factory UCA's w/ approx a 2.75" lift on the new front coilovers.)
Screenshot_20190620-161850~2.png

MVIMG_20190622_135112.jpg

IMG_20190622_135123.jpg

This last picture really makes me want to get that xtang tailgate seal. Curious how well it would adhere to a Rhino Liner?
IMG_20190622_135139.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 5: Skid and Hook
  • Ordered the OEM Skid Plate exclusive to the FX4, and replaced the front spoiler. While I was down there, I took the time to remove and paint the front tow hooks using some red caliper paint from Auto Zone. They won't get a done of use, so i'm not too worried about the durability of them.
IMG_20190624_181940.jpg

As a nice size comparison, this stacks up about even with my coworker's OEM Nissan Titan. Pretty impressive difference if I say.
MVIMG_20190624_120619.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Ordoins

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Nice. Did it raise the rear as well? Looks great. Also are the wheels a true bead lock?

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Did it raise the rear as well? Looks great.
I honestly couldn't say for sure, but I wouldn't think the Icon kit would on it's own, should just change the ride. I put it on at the same time as the tires/wheels which lifted whole truck a solid 2".
Also are the wheels a true bead lock?
Unfortunately no, the wheels are faux beadlock. The real deal is too rich for my blood. I would've got wheels without that look if it were an option, but at least they're not fake chrome studs like a bunch out there.

Dan Ordoins

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I honestly couldn't say for sure, but I wouldn't think the Icon kit would on it's own, should just change the ride. I put it on at the same time as the tires/wheels which lifted whole truck a solid 2".

Unfortunately no, the wheels are faux beadlock. The real deal is too rich for my blood. I would've got wheels without that look if it were an option, but at least they're not fake chrome studs like a bunch out there.
The wheels with those tire do look good though.

Your whole set up is looking nice. It will be what I will be going for. Thanks for sharing.

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
I really like your wheels! great choice.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase

TheMarkP

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
Did you Just vinyl wrap the base of the emblem mount? Or paint. And that 7” emblem is the right size? I was on the fence of doing this.

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you Just vinyl wrap the base of the emblem mount? Or paint. And that 7” emblem is the right size? I was on the fence of doing this.
Yup, just 7". I tried vinyl, but the shape made it start to peel back a bit by the backup camera. I removed the camera and "painted" the shroud with a few coats of black plasti-dip.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
Yup, just 7". I tried vinyl, but the shape made it start to peel back a bit by the backup camera. I removed the camera and "painted" the shroud with a few coats of black plasti-dip.
How easy does that come off? Do you have to get to it from inside the tailgate?

OP
OP
LewisLegacy

LewisLegacy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
How easy does that come off? Do you have to get to it from inside the tailgate?
The camera? No. Once you remove the adhesive bit, there are two bolts that hold the camera assembly to the tailgate. Once you remove the bolts, the camera unplugs from the cable harness. You can remove the camera head from the assembly by removing the screw and carefully prying the plastic clips apart. Mine broke and were glued back together after I did the plasti-dip. Might fail one day, but the plastic assembly shouldn't cost TOO much to replace if need be.

Here's a link to a video that shows an almost identical rear emblem assembly:

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Stage 4: Wheels, Tires, Lift
  • With some assistance from XTP Diesel and Off-Road here in Dayton, got some 17x9.5 Black Rhino Barstows w/ +12 Offset. Mounted these on some 285/70-17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, all paired with a 3.5" Icon Stage 2 (tubular) lift (Temporarily a Stage 1 while we wait for the new tubular UCA's to arrive. I was antsy, so they went ahead and installed on my factory UCA's w/ approx a 2.75" lift on the new front coilovers.)
Screenshot_20190620-161850~2.png

with that wheel/tire combo....any rubbing, cutting, spacers, modding?
Sponsored