Letting Others Drive Your New Ranger

pa-fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Mustang GT Premium, 1966 Mustang Convertible C Code, 2019 Ford Fusion, 2005 Ford Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
When people ask to borrow your truck, do you refuse, throw them the keys or offer to drive for them?

I know knowing someone who has a truck really helps out now and then. I guess I am in the category that I am happy to help by donating both my truck and my time to drive it when we can work scheduling out.

What is your approach when someone asks to borrow your Ranger?
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
One word - NO :)

I'm happy to help friends do something, but at this point, I'm the only one that DRIVES my truck. Well, my wife could if she wanted to, but she doesn't seem interested.

Mick Carlson

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
One word - NO :)

I'm happy to help friends do something, but at this point, I'm the only one that DRIVES my truck. Well, my wife could if she wanted to, but she doesn't seem interested.
Same here. One of the main reasons I bought a new Ranger was so that I knew that I was the only one who had driven it. My dad always said that no one cares as much as the owner of something how it’s treated. I traded in a 2010 Camaro SS that (as it turned out, had been driven hard by previous owners) on the Ranger. People who have no understanding of things mechanical abuse vehicles with their driving styles and lack of proper maintenance. I’m happy to let my wife use my Ranger (as long as she doesn’t eat in it!) because she’s a careful driver. But maybe I’m just weird that way... I’ve only had my truck for 2 weeks, but I’ve already bonded with it. It’s a treat to climb into it and drive it to work. So much more refined than my Tacoma.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can count 'em on one hand. Wife, best friend, dad, grandpa. Yeah, that's about it.

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
My wife, daughter and son-in-law are the only ones allowed to drive my Ranger. All others will have to be driven by me or one of them. I might let my brothers drive it....they would have to catch me on a good day!!

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and brother are the only other people to drive my Ranger. And I had some serious hesitation letting the wife drive it

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Immediate Family are the only ones allowed to drive it although I have been the only driver so far. Friends would get the offer for me to drive it for them. Anyone else would be a hard no. Had an F-250 for 12 years and my wife and my father were the only other drivers.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Just wife and me as out Tortoise can't drive

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co Retired

IMG_1243_1.jpg

Last edited:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My wife only, but she complains that other men bother her every time she stops, so she doesn't drive it anymore...

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
My current (2003) Ranger only gets driven by me. Imagine how protective I'll be of my new Ranger when I get it!

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and my father only. She’s the only one who knows what I’ve sacrificed and invested in the the purchase and work I’ve done on the truck and the only person (outside of my dad) I trust to respect that. And my dad takes care of vehicles, whether a 90’s Corolla or a brand new Denali.

Package deal for everyone else. Truck is only available when I am. But, I’m always happy to help!

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
My wife only, but she complains that other men bother her every time she stops, so she doesn't drive it anymore...
My wife noted to me all the looks she got the one time she drove my truck and how people treated her totally different on the road! Haha

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Other than myself, my wife has driven mine. Given the difference in throttle input required between her car and my truck, she always chirps the tires and tanks the mileage in the truck.

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of humor - My wife cannot drive my truck without shoes - the reason being she's always barefoot and pregnant :LOL:Joking aside - no one drives my truck unless they keep/leave the tank on full and the vehicle surface polished and shiny:wink: That's why no one drives my Ranger but me.:)
Sponsored

Last edited: