Leer 180 - Lightning Blue - 2019 Ranger (XL Supercab, 6' bed) looking for new home on short notice

Katia

First Name
Katia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
Occupation
Software Engineer
I will get a camper installed later this weekend, and due to changed circumstances will no longer have space to store the Leer shell. The shell is currently on my vehicle and has been since I bought it in August 2019. It has lived in CA until a few weeks ago.

* Leer 180
* Carpet Headliner
* Front Sliding Window
* Pet Screens
*Tracks

I am asking $500 (was $2500 new) - BUT it needs to be taken off my vehicle. I can either drive to meet someone within reason (1 hour from Portland) or picked up at my house in North Portland sometime on

Saturday November 7th (afternoon) or
Sunday November 9th

IMG_6313.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Retired
I will get a camper installed later this weekend, and due to changed circumstances will no longer have space to store the Leer shell. The shell is currently on my vehicle and has been since I bought it in August 2019. It has lived in CA until a few weeks ago.

* Leer 180
* Carpet Headliner
* Front Sliding Window
* Pet Screens
*Tracks

I am asking $500 (was $2500 new) - BUT it needs to be taken off my vehicle. I can either drive to meet someone within reason (1 hour from Portland) or picked up at my house in North Portland sometime on

Saturday November 7th (afternoon) or
Sunday November 9th

IMG_6313.jpeg
Hi. I'm Tim in Georgia. New to the forum. Just had 180 installed on my 2020 Supercab in Rapid Red. If I would have bought blue I may have driven out to buy yours. Great deal and good looking truck BTW.

Just water tested. Leaks everywhere. Also have these knotches that look like an after thought on front corners. Did you have these problems? Please see pic. Thx.

16134628500063644897650998644308.jpg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Tim , that seems to be the quality of Leer lately. I have owned 4 of them in my lifetime and they were always great ! The last one I just sold the truck (17 Taco) was back to Leer 5 times and they never could get rid of water leaks from the front and the back window. I ordered an ARE 3 months ago and it still hasnt come in yet but im hoping quality is much better, we will see soon.

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Tim , that seems to be the quality of Leer lately. I have owned 4 of them in my lifetime and they were always great ! The last one I just sold the truck (17 Taco) was back to Leer 5 times and they never could get rid of water leaks from the front and the back window. I ordered an ARE 3 months ago and it still hasnt come in yet but im hoping quality is much better, we will see soon.
Thanks Katia for the info. Seems all toppers have issues. According to Leer dealer, it's the newfangled beds that cause the problems. Holes and bedrails which complicate instalation. Seems with modern technology like CAD and lasers engineers could find solution. Especially for the shoddy front corners. ARE didn't have the mid high MX last Oct. Of course after I ordered my Leer I saw that they now offer the Ranger version of MX. I scoured reviews and all toppers have good/bad. Went with Leer since my buddy used same Dealer on his Tundra with zero issues. The particular bed type seems to be the issue. Very expensive mistake.
Please let me know how your ARE performs. Are you getting the MX which is the 180 equivalent? Thanks again for responding quickly.

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Katia for the info. Seems all toppers have issues. According to Leer dealer, it's the newfangled beds that cause the problems. Holes and bedrails which complicate instalation. Seems with modern technology like CAD and lasers engineers could find solution. Especially for the shoddy front corners. ARE didn't have the mid high MX last Oct. Of course after I ordered my Leer I saw that they now offer the Ranger version of MX. I scoured reviews and all toppers have good/bad. Went with Leer since my buddy used same Dealer on his Tundra with zero issues. The particular bed type seems to be the issue. Very expensive mistake.
Please let me know how your ARE performs. Are you getting the MX which is the 180 equivalent? Thanks again for responding quickly.
Sorry Bret. Used wrong name to address you. Btw, did you sell the 180 and did it have the ugly knotch shown like mine and REDWM?

Just saw a Flexseal paste commercial with the boat made of mesh and covered with the paste. Maybe something like this should be adopted by installers. Thanks.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Sorry Bret. Used wrong name to address you. Btw, did you sell the 180 and did it have the ugly knotch shown like mine and REDWM?

Just saw a Flexseal paste commercial with the boat made of mesh and covered with the paste. Maybe something like this should be adopted by installers. Thanks.
Tim ,I don't remember the Leer model I had (maybe 100) but it was roof top height and it did have some funky corner cuts. I didn't have any issues with the fit to bed just the front and rear window frames would leak and they couldn't repair. The rear window had 2 new weather seals installed but would still leak. The gap between the rear glass and weatherstrip was too wide like the cap was spreading. When I ordered 3 months ago Leer said 4 weeks and ARE said at least 14 weeks. We will see when it comes in . Good luck , Bret

Tcarter

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Tim ,I don't remember the Leer model I had (maybe 100) but it was roof top height and it did have some funky corner cuts. I didn't have any issues with the fit to bed just the front and rear window frames would leak and they couldn't repair. The rear window had 2 new weather seals installed but would still leak. The gap between the rear glass and weatherstrip was too wide like the cap was spreading. When I ordered 3 months ago Leer said 4 weeks and ARE said at least 14 weeks. We will see when it comes in . Good luck , Bret
Thanks Bret. Same delivery time from ARE here. Long wait but if it's well done it's worth it. Best of luck. Trucks are a money pit. Gotta stop ordering things!
Sponsored