• Total voters

Brix

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
A couple weeks ago I noticed that the leather covering on my armrest was coming apart at the stitching. I took it to the dealership and my service advisor opened a case with Ford, but they rejected it because they claimed "it was caused by outside damage".

My dealership agrees with me that this was a defect in the stitching and that Ford should replace the part under the manufacturer warranty. In fact, that exact part is on national backorder which means it could be a common issue.

I'm usually not a stickler, but when I spend $35k with Ford, I would expect them to stand behind their vehicle.

Is anyone else seeing this happen with their leather?

Has anyone else experienced garbage customer service dealing with Ford?

IMG_1219.jpg
Sponsored

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
A couple weeks ago I noticed that the leather covering on my armrest was coming apart at the stitching. I took it to the dealership and my service advisor opened a case with Ford, but they rejected it because they claimed "it was caused by outside damage".

My dealership agrees with me that this was a defect in the stitching and that Ford should replace the part under the manufacturer warranty. In fact, that exact part is on national backorder which means it could be a common issue.

I'm usually not a stickler, but when I spend $35k with Ford, I would expect them to stand behind their vehicle.

IMG_1219.jpg
That sucks!! I havenā€™t had any issues with my armrest or any other interior defect. Ford should stand behind their product! Good luck and donā€™t give up the fight. Keep us posted.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Got Twitter?

@FordService - Tweets & replies. Someone might be able to help you.

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
:sunglasses: Yes.
But if they do not.....
Alcantara re-cover!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
If you have an XLT, then that is made of vinyl. Ford probably is just keeping up with production at the moment, so it may be a while to get stock orders for replacement parts.

WindsorSB

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 / 1990 Bronco EB
Occupation
Facility Management
Not to bring life to an old thread, but my '19 xlt just started splitting in the same way in the same spot.

I may have screwed myself by repairing with adhesive and re-tucking, but did the dealership ever replace for you?
Cheers,
-Matt

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1219.jpg
Hi Jason,

This is not external damage and it certainly not wear and tear. This should be warranty. Open up a formal complaint with Ford Customer Care and stand your ground. I do know who the supplier is for Ranger, but if Lear....I am not surprised as they pump out junk in many cases.... Lear Seating is the pits... Stand firm and get this shoddy production fixed on the Ford Dime...

That said, being on National Back Order is no indication of a problem part per se. Almost every thing is on National Back Order these days. My daughter needed a tiny trim piece to complete the repair of her Escape by some junker vehicle out of Detroit raking the side of her car. Initial repair was delayed 3 months by parts and then they found the trim piece was damaged so that way only 6 weeks.

Best,
Phil

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I got a leather cover that goes over the factory cover. There is a thread on here with some photos and they were off Ebay. It really looks like it was there all along

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Not to bring life to an old thread, but my '19 xlt just started splitting in the same way in the same spot.

I may have screwed myself by repairing with adhesive and re-tucking, but did the dealership ever replace for you?
Cheers,
-Matt
Dealership has my replacement on back order...but they WILL replace under warranty.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Cheers,
-Matt
Just order a replacement for the Lariat. They are made of leather and run about $80.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
[/QUOTE]
Do they actually have the part on hand to ship?
If so, wonder why Ford can't get them? Soon?
Really only one way to find out is to call them and see what they say.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor

Really only one way to find out is to call them and see what they say.
[/QUOTE]
I thought you had already ordered. My bad.
Ford has my faux vinyl leatherette piece on backorder. I'll see it when I see it, I guess.
Sponsored