Lariat 501. Missing config settings for lane assist

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, chrome pckg, tow pck.
New owner member quick question.

Just picked up the truck a few hours ago so still learning. First of all:

1) Yes i read the manual
2) Yes i tried the search function.

The manual and most of the reviews i googled and everything on the ford website said there was supposed to be 3 modes:
Alert Only:
Aid Only:
Both:

Mine just has:
Alert: (followed by a check box for on or off).

Please advise

I also didn't see any mycolor type customization menu's?
Sponsored

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
New owner member quick question.

Just picked up the truck a few hours ago so still learning. First of all:

1) Yes i read the manual
2) Yes i tried the search function.

The manual and most of the reviews i googled and everything on the ford website said there was supposed to be 3 modes:
Alert Only:
Aid Only:
Both:

Mine just has:
Alert: (followed by a check box for on or off).

Please advise

I also didn't see any mycolor type customization menu's?
Driver Assist>Lane Keeping Sys>Mode>and the 3 should be there

What "mycolor" are you talking about?

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6595.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys.

Also I found the ambient color settings in the settings on the Nav display.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Thanks guys.

Also I found the ambient color settings in the settings on the Nav display.
One thing I have found out is the ambient setting goes away if you reset the radio. Along with the time setting.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
What does yours say under "driver alert"? Can you choose anything? I have it all greyed out and am not sure why..
Driver alert is only available when driving I believe. I never quite figured it out. It is supposed to warn you when it thinks you are sleepy or not paying attention.

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does yours say under "driver alert"? Can you choose anything? I have it all greyed out and am not sure why..
Yea i found the menu once i enabled some features in a different menu. My bad.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Driver alert is only available when driving I believe. I never quite figured it out. It is supposed to warn you when it thinks you are sleepy or not paying attention.
I think you're right about that. After so many minutes/miles it warns you that you should take a break. I rented a car this summer and every 15 minutes it had a beeping warning along with a cup of coffee on the gauge cluster go off. Drove me absolutely crazy until I figured out how to turn it off. Needless to say this ones not activated. :D

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you're right about that. After so many minutes/miles it warns you that you should take a break. I rented a car this summer and every 15 minutes it had a beeping warning along with a cup of coffee on the gauge cluster go off. Drove me absolutely crazy until I figured out how to turn it off. Needless to say this ones not activated. :D
I keep them off but.....sometimes I do find myself driving all hours of the night or when I haven’t had much sleep in a day or two....and then i turn every bit of that stuff to the highest settings while contemplating a nap in the back seat at a truck stop...

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally saw the "driver alert" tonight. My error was to look at it either at a traffic light or when driving slow, I drove a bit at speeds over 40 mph and noticed it doesn't turn on until I drive 40 mph or faster, after that it does work.

Not sure how it works though, it's a bit odd. I saw the squared thingie move towards the coffee mug at first, but 10-15 minutes later, it was going back to the steering wheel again lol.

OP
OP

Allenfrx

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally saw the "driver alert" tonight. My error was to look at it either at a traffic light or when driving slow, I drove a bit at speeds over 40 mph and noticed it doesn't turn on until I drive 40 mph or faster, after that it does work.

Not sure how it works though, it's a bit odd. I saw the squared thingie move towards the coffee mug at first, but 10-15 minutes later, it was going back to the steering wheel again lol.
We had it on our explorer limited. It just moves to the right if you get to close to either line in a certain amount if time and moves to the left if you get to close to the lines less often in a specified amount if time.

If you exceeds the threshold it will go full coffee cup and sound an alarm.

The steering will also pull you back towards center but it isn't a true lane keep. It is departure prevention.

In other words it won't drive center line for you.

It is a hands off system that only pulls you bavk away from crossing if you are about to cross the line without signalling the turn signal.

Take your hands off the wheel and you will drift lazily from one dotted line to the next like a drunk person but you won't cross the lines.

People think it doesn't work well because they are expecting it to drive center. It's based on a camera behind the rear view mirror.

It's super handy when driver fatigue is at play....and super annoying for an aggressive driver in heavy traffic.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Allenfrx - lol yeah I know how the lane assist and all the other features work, my BMW has most of it as well, the only thing I wasn't sure about was the "driver alert" (just the coffee mug thing) since it was grayed out all of the time and couldn't be turned on or off (which is because I never checked while driving over 40).

As for the lane assist being annoying when driving more assertive, I don't necessarily agree. The thing is, if people use their blinkers as they should when switching lanes, the lane assist will not push back. I switch lanes back and forth all the time to go around slower traffic and am a fairly assertive driver but I do not consider the feature annoying simply because I use my blinkers when required.
Sponsored