Kicker Key install help.

jrnm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I just recently purchased a Kicker Key 200.4 amp and the For 11CK t harness and was scratching my head on how to wire it in. Power and ground are pretty obvious but do I just bundle all the same speaker wires together and plug it in? The amp has 2 wiring harnesses, 1 for the speaker input and one output that has the power, ground and speaker wires.
Sponsored

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Half the for11ck harness will have input speaker wires on it, ones coming from the head unit side, those get connected to the kicker input wires. The other half of the speaker wires in the for11ck get connected to the kicker output wires, wires in that harness should go into the connected on the vehicle side. I wrote up a how to article a little while back when I installed my Kicker Key amp. I can dig it up if you can't find it.

My tutorial/write-up I did: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/kicker-sub-install-tutorial.7985/

OP
OP

jrnm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Half the for11ck harness will have input speaker wires on it, ones coming from the head unit side, those get connected to the kicker input wires. The other half of the speaker wires in the for11ck get connected to the kicker output wires, wires in that harness should go into the connected on the vehicle side. I wrote up a how to article a little while back when I installed my Kicker Key amp. I can dig it up if you can't find it.

My tutorial/write-up I did: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/kicker-sub-install-tutorial.7985/
Thanks for the help. What was throwing me for a loop was the speed wire that you used. But I did eventually figure it out.

WhiteLightning19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the help. What was throwing me for a loop was the speed wire that you used. But I did eventually figure it out.
I used stinger speed wire to wire from the amp back to the head unit location. You would technically need to stinger speed wires to go to/from the amp to the head unit location to go out to the factory speaker wires.
Sponsored