First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
I...assume this would be in the right section.

This is the 1st (of many Ford vehicles) that doesnt have a keypad entry on the door. And after 4 days I realize how much I miss it.

We have a boat at a marina and I hate taking my truck keys because someone always drops their keys in the water eventually....so I would always just lock my keys in the truck and with my hands full...phone in my bag...would just hit the 2 bottom numbers and truck would lock up and away we go.

Now I either have to use the fob or the app...and with the area I live in, the app works like half the time so I don't trust it.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I loved the option and now wish I had it...

Has anyone installed this aftermarket?
Sponsored

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
Great thanks!

I did a search but nothing came up, appreciate it...I'll read through the 13 pages as I'm sure a solution is in there!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I...assume this would be in the right section.

This is the 1st (of many Ford vehicles) that doesnt have a keypad entry on the door. And after 4 days I realize how much I miss it.

We have a boat at a marina and I hate taking my truck keys because someone always drops their keys in the water eventually....so I would always just lock my keys in the truck and with my hands full...phone in my bag...would just hit the 2 bottom numbers and truck would lock up and away we go.

Now I either have to use the fob or the app...and with the area I live in, the app works like half the time so I don't trust it.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I loved the option and now wish I had it...

Has anyone installed this aftermarket?
If you have a trailer hitch you can get something like this. I think @RedlandRanger has this for when he's hiking and it works out well for storing your keys and other small items. I know there were a few members who had issues with the keypads dying on them and even the replaced ones had problems.

OP
OP
BannonJr

BannonJr

First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
Hmmm... although I'd still have to mess with it....

Honestly what I miss most is just shutting the door and hitting the 2 bottom numbers to lock.
If anyone has a boat in a marina knows that you dont leave your truck empty handed on the way to the dock...and hey....us manly men refuse to put our stuff down after we've picked it up ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I had one of the bad ones, the replacement has been fine. The bad ones died pretty quick, and should be out of the supply chain by now.
Sponsored