First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger 2X4
Occupation
Mechanical Designer
New to 19 ranger XLT just noticed this, but looks like shroud is missing from the Ingition area?

PXL_20220719_195400227.jpg
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
New to 19 ranger XLT just noticed this, but looks like shroud is missing from the Ingition area?

PXL_20220719_195400227.jpg
mine came like that also. works fine without but its annoying. i feel like we paid for stuff we didnt get. some place on the forum is a list of items that got removed due to covid or whatever else lol.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
mine came like that also. works fine without but its annoying. i feel like we paid for stuff we didnt get. some place on the forum is a list of items that got removed due to covid or whatever else lol.
That was one piece that was never present on any 5G Rangers, even from the beginning - it is a stupid oversight honestly. The 3d printed rings work really well and should have come stock from the factory. The only ones who don't have that issue is the Lariats since they have push button start.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
That was one piece that was never present on any 5G Rangers, even from the beginning - it is a stupid oversight honestly. The 3d printed rings work really well and should have come stock from the factory. The only ones who don't have that issue is the Lariats since they have push button start.
oh i thought it was something ford nixed off the ranger lol.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223699603387

Here's the product from that thread. Every US Ranger is missing that piece. Linked product fits perfectly.
Not just US Rangers my friend. My Aus (global) build has that annoying gap as well. Even my sons 2007 Hyundai Tuscon has a white ring there which lights up green when you open the door and helps you find the keyhole at night. Really don't know what Ford was thinking there, they give me all kinds of other sh*t I never use - voice controlled climate control, a CD player, but can't put a simple light ring around the ignition lock I would use practically EVERY time I enter the truck.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I never noticed this till the web site girls mentioned it. Since then I have used my truck since 04/2019 and never had a problem. ?
Oh it doesn't cause me a problem, it's just that it looks to be missing a part that could be useful! A part that IS useful in other vehicles!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i never notice while driving. but on the rare moments im in the other seat it is very noticeable.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Do you need a flashlight or a glow ring to find your willy in the dark while taking a pee at 3am?
Nope, didn't think so.
I'll admit, it looks unfinished without it, but thats easily remedied as a custom peice literally available in a multitude of colors.
Aw come on, my willy is permanently attached, my keys on the other hand aren't. :LOL: But yeah fair enough maybe it came over as a whinge, it wasn't really intended to be, more just an observation on the quirks of different manufacturers. As a whole I'm pretty fond of my truck and when the time comes will probably replace it with another, glow ring or no glow ring. ;)

Yes I have a 3D printer and one day if it annoys me enough I'll knock up a ring to fit in there, but not super high on my list of priorities.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Aw come on, my willy is permanently attached, my keys on the other hand aren't. :LOL: But yeah fair enough maybe it came over as a whinge, it wasn't really intended to be, more just an observation on the quirks of different manufacturers. As a whole I'm pretty fond of my truck and when the time comes will probably replace it with another, glow ring or no glow ring. ;)

Yes I have a 3D printer and one day if it annoys me enough I'll knock up a ring to fit in there, but not super high on my list of priorities.
It'll bother you now until you fix it.
Dean's bezels fit perfectly. Many of us have them.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

It's THE first item Ford deleted from USA Ranger right at launch...I paid $10, I think, for a printed ring...not a great spend considering I could now make a couple hundred of these with a $25 roll of filament lol...Over the years having it there, I've never noticed it or even seen it...putting key in the ignition naturally lands in the key hole so it does next to nothing other than aesthetically filling in a void...
Sponsored