Kenda Klever R/T 33x10.5

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
These tires were getting some love over on the Tacoma forums so I decided to try them for myself. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to remove the crash bars but that didn't pan out. I rubbed on the front crash bars a bit. Rear is very close but not hitting so they are in place for now.

Motegi mr150 17x8.5 +18
Bilstein 5100 2nd to last notch ~2,
Kenda Klever R/T 33x10.5

I don't have many miles on them but they were quiet on the way home and rode nice.

IMG_20200903_122341.jpg
Sponsored

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I've had really good experience with Kenda in the past, so I'm excited to see this.

quiet and comfortable ride is the last thing I'd expect from an aggressive RT tire, so that's a good start!

OP
OP

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Just put 100 highway miles on. Low hum hardly noticeable in the cab. I do get a little shake around 75mph so I may bring them to another shop and make sure they are balanced correctly. I believe I overcompensated in the livernois tuner for the revs per mile so my speedo is about 5mph off. No mpg numbers yet.

Garagoose

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Process Development Scientist
Vehicle Showcase
These tires were getting some love over on the Tacoma forums so I decided to try them for myself. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to remove the crash bars but that didn't pan out. I rubbed on the front crash bars a bit. Rear is very close but not hitting so they are in place for now.

Motegi mr150 17x8.5 +18
Kenda Klever R/T 33x10.5

I don't have many miles on them but they were quiet on the way home and rode nice.

IMG_20200903_122341.jpg
I am looking at these same wheels for my ranger. How much poke do you have with the +18 offset? Any more pictures? I was looking to purchase the 17x8.5 with 0 offset but I do not want too much poke. Thanks.

OP
OP

bluetruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I am looking at these same wheels for my ranger. How much poke do you have with the +18 offset? Any more pictures? I was looking to purchase the 17x8.5 with 0 offset but I do not want too much poke. Thanks.
I would say I'm about 2 inches past the fenders. I personally wouldn't want any more. I was hoping to not need flares.

PXL_20201030_195704112.jpg

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Just went with Kenda Klever too, but A/T 2. Those RTs look really good!
Does livernois adjust shift points for tire size? I still have to adjust my revs per mile.

Garagoose

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I would say I'm about 2 inches past the fenders. I personally wouldn't want any more. I was hoping to not need flares.

PXL_20201030_195704112.jpg
Thanks for getting back to me. I ultimately went with the 17x8.5 with 0 offset wrapped in Toyo Open country AT2 285/70r17.

I have mud flaps to protect the body and installed the BDS intrusion beams for added clearance.

20201104_143750.jpg
20201104_143619.jpg
20201104_143716.jpg

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Rapid Red
Nice looking truck man! How are you liking the tires so far?

Garagoose

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking truck man! How are you liking the tires so far?
I'm absolutely loving it. I've had the truck for about 6 months now/13k miles and it's been great. I came from a 2012 VW GTI cause I needed something to carry my dirtbikes. My gti wasn't the best for pulling a trailer every other weekend.

I tuned the truck almost as soon as I got it and it really has made the truck more enjoyable. Everyone I drive the thing I have my foot to the floor at least once. The extra power for getting around us great especially with the LT tires. I think each wheel is about 75lbs, which leads me to my only complaint with the truck and tire setup. The range sucks. I'm getting less than 300 miles per tank. Current mpg is 18.1, but the mods I have done and my driving style aren't helping at all. To me I wanted something fun to get around in since I spend a lot of time driving.

Also the LT tires aren't the best on the cold and wet road. At least mine aren't. Although it does make it more fun when I want to drift it around.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm absolutely loving it. I've had the truck for about 6 months now/13k miles and it's been great. I came from a 2012 VW GTI cause I needed something to carry my dirtbikes. My gti wasn't the best for pulling a trailer every other weekend.

I tuned the truck almost as soon as I got it and it really has made the truck more enjoyable. Everyone I drive the thing I have my foot to the floor at least once. The extra power for getting around us great especially with the LT tires. I think each wheel is about 75lbs, which leads me to my only complaint with the truck and tire setup. The range sucks. I'm getting less than 300 miles per tank. Current mpg is 18.1, but the mods I have done and my driving style aren't helping at all. To me I wanted something fun to get around in since I spend a lot of time driving.

Also the LT tires aren't the best on the cold and wet road. At least mine aren't. Although it does make it more fun when I want to drift it around.
God damn. Trying to figure out if I should go with LT or SL tires right now. Actually stuck between the toyos in 265/70r17 or the OPs tires in 33x10.5r17. Think I read on the tacoma forums the OPs tires are like 67lbs each and idk if I want to give up that gas mileage

Garagoose

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
God damn. Trying to figure out if I should go with LT or SL tires right now. Actually stuck between the toyos in 265/70r17 or the OPs tires in 33x10.5r17. Think I read on the tacoma forums the OPs tires are like 67lbs each and idk if I want to give up that gas mileage
I would get passenger or SL tires. The only reason why I have the LTs is because they were what I could find used on Facebook marketplacein the size I wanted for a good price. I think I paid $380 for the set.

BigOlBish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would get passenger or SL tires. The only reason why I have the LTs is because they were what I could find used on Facebook marketplacein the size I wanted for a good price. I think I paid $380 for the set.
Yeah there's like a $40 difference per tire. Idk I want to try some trails here in Colorado and people make it sound like they're gonna get ripped to shreds if you don't get LT

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
Yeah there's like a $40 difference per tire. Idk I want to try some trails here in Colorado and people make it sound like they're gonna get ripped to shreds if you don't get LT
yes, P tires will get ripped apart on the rocky trails in colorado, and you won't notice any real difference in fuel mileage due to weight alone. size and tread pattern have just as much if not more effect on mileage. I'd gladly sacrifice 1/4 of a mpg to be confident that I'm not going to destroy my tires on the trail.

XxMASEMxX

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Sport

Motegi mr150 17x8.5 +18
Kenda Klever R/T 33x10.5

IMG_20200903_122341.jpg
Like the look! I have same color and I'm thinking on get a set of them. Could you please share more picture from other sides? I want to see how it looks like the +18 on the rear and more side pictures.

Jerry361

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Truck Driver

Motegi mr150 17x8.5 +18
Kenda Klever R/T 33x10.5

IMG_20200903_122341.jpg
I have a fx4 with 2.5 leveling and 17 stock sports wheels 17x8 would these fit the stock rims with offset bars or are offset rims a must?
Sponsored