Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone not aware, the red plastic is a glued on overlay that I want. Ford won’t give it up or the manufacturer. 500 deductible is a lot for something sitting on the assembly line floor don’t you think! Sorry I’m getting jammed up again thinking about the fact that no one will make a call on my behalf.
Typically (I'd say always), the supplier delivers the entire part assembly as a whole unless Ford explicitly request that they be designed from beginning to be modular. that said, you're only chance to get the lens would be to find someone on the inside from the supplier. Good luck anyway. $1000 bucks is had to swallow for a parking incident. Still I'm leaning to vandalism unless a boat was back up to you there's no chance of any truck/car hitting your lamp that high and not causing any other damage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ranger Boyd

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Typically (I'd say always), the supplier delivers the entire part assembly as a whole unless Ford explicitly request that they be designed from beginning to be modular. that said, you're only chance to get the lens would be to find someone on the inside from the supplier. Good luck anyway. $1000 bucks is had to swallow for a parking incident. Still I'm leaning to vandalism unless a boat was back up to you there's no chance of any truck/car hitting your lamp that high and not causing any other damage.
2x4 hanging out of another pickup 30 years in lumber yards makes it my best guess! We carpenters can be a clumsy bunch!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
2x4 hanging out of another pickup 30 years in lumber yards makes it my best guess! We carpenters can be a clumsy bunch!
That exact thing happened to my friend's 1966 Barracuda rear window... Practically irreplaceable even 30years ago when it happened.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
For my F250, I can easily find replacement lights and mirrors much cheaper than Fords. Usually out of Mexico. But the Ranger may be too new.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I just did a search here and a few came up:

http://www.car-part.com

One was $87, but I'm not sure if it has the BLIS in it - others specifically said RADAR but they said to call. There were 8 total - 4 left and 4 right.

If you find one there, you can probably get them to ship it to you.

OP
OP
Ranger Boyd

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
give up trying to find the red lens.

even if you did find one, you'll end up destroying the rest of the assembly trying to get it apart the rest of the way to replace.

just buy a new one and park further away from anyone.
You sound like the dealership! I’m just annoyed that no one was even willing to make a call. The odds of breaking the overlay without breaking the assembly are astronomical. They didn’t even pretend to care at any level. Maybe a little compassion for a truck that was 10 days old. You are right about giving up but it is not hard breaking it out. Pretty easy fix actually. Still wish I knew where they put them together. Taillight for Christmas I guess?!

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
It is one reason I want to put some sort of protection on my taillights and headlights. At almost $1200 a pop mistakes and accidents can be expensive. Although if yours was malicious there isn't much you can do.

Wondering if dash cams will activate if they sense motion even if the vehicle is off? Thinking that maybe if you had one that did that, it might catch a video of the culprit?

Sorry to hear it happened to you. You might try filing an insurance claim if it won't jack your rates.

$1,200 each or for set?
So deductible covered.

OP
OP
Ranger Boyd

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I just did a search here and a few came up:

http://www.car-part.com

One was $87, but I'm not sure if it has the BLIS in it - others specifically said RADAR but they said to call. There were 8 total - 4 left and 4 right.

If you find one there, you can probably get them to ship it to you.
Thanks the part # is13404 I have the schematic from the parts book. The lens isn’t listed as a part, hence the problem. I’ll probably just breakout the rest of the overlay and cover the assembly in red taillight repair tape until one shows upon the internet. Can’t bring myself to pay 500 and make a claim right now. Still mourning my loss

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Looks like water sitting in the reverse light.

OP
OP
Ranger Boyd

Ranger Boyd

First Name
Boyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Looks like water sitting in the reverse light.
Good eye. The light works fine though. I’m going to snap off the rest of the plastic and cover the sealed assembly with red taillight repair tape temporarily.
Sponsored