Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
How many miles will it take to really start taking in effect? Or should I feel a difference right away? I do Hear the intake trying to suck more air in. So the tune did install correctly without any issues.
Sponsored

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Thanks for your candor.

Is there published empirical data that describes compares the Ford tune to S sport mode? 1/4 mile times maybe..

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
You could always download the app drag racer on your phone. Take 1/4mile times with FP tune, then go back to stock and repeat. Compare it that way.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Interesting. I immediately felt the difference, do you drive it spirited though? I drive it on S mode exclusively. I went from a 7 second 0-60 to 6 second after adding FP tune, roush cai and borla exhaust at same time. If you drive it on D and not spirited, it could feel pretty much the same. Open up that throttle on S after the CHT is 190+ generally closer to 195+. Something to also note is perhaps your truck isn't used to 91 yet, I ran 91 the second I had it, put 500 miles on and then got the relative tune and mods.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Does the FP Tune adjust the electronic throttle body response like other tuners?

Fixing the ETB has a lot to do with the "wow factor", not nessasarily the increased power.

This is why you hear people claim that adding products like Pedal Commander make their vehicle faster, but the product adds no increase to engine output.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
I could tell the difference immediately. The FP tune was noticeably stronger and, if anything, has become better over the last month. I'm sorry to hear that some are disappointed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sktam

Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Interesting. I immediately felt the difference, do you drive it spirited though? I drive it on S mode exclusively. I went from a 7 second 0-60 to 6 second after adding FP tune, roush cai and borla exhaust at same time. If you drive it on D and not spirited, it could feel pretty much the same. Open up that throttle on S after the CHT is 190+ generally closer to 195+. Something to also note is perhaps your truck isn't used to 91 yet, I ran 91 the second I had it, put 500 miles on and then got the relative tune and mods.
I’ve been using 93 the last 4 fill ups. But I do Have to be honest tho. I did Not install the kN filter. I doubt that’s the problem. I read In other forms like the mustang forms that currently it need sometime to adjust. Idk how true. I’ll give it some time tho. The transmission does feel different in d. It doesn’t lug as much on hills. Which I normally Drop down to S.

OP
OP
Sktam

Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
I could tell the difference immediately. The FP tune was noticeably stronger and, if anything, has become better over the last month. I'm sorry to hear that some are disappointed. :(
Don’t be sorry. This isn’t my first tune per say. I’m sure it’s faster. I think The power is linear and smoother. Before I felt More of a kick but there was always delay. I’m hoping the tune got rid of that delay

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I’ve been using 93 the last 4 fill ups. But I do Have to be honest tho. I did Not install the kN filter. I doubt that’s the problem. I read In other forms like the mustang forms that currently it need sometime to adjust. Idk how true. I’ll give it some time tho. The transmission does feel different in d. It doesn’t lug as much on hills. Which I normally Drop down to S.
I also do not have the k&n filter. By chance do you have other mods like exhaust and intake? Give it some time, mine only got better as well as someone mentioned. When you have a chance when it safe and no one around, maybe try a WOT from a stop on S, traction control off. You’ll feel it then for sure.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Don’t be sorry. This isn’t my first tune per say. I’m sure it’s faster. I think The power is linear and smoother. Before I felt More of a kick but there was always delay. I’m hoping the tune got rid of that delay
That delay is turbo lag, if you slam it all the way down fast it will have that. If you want to avoid turbo lag, push down 30-50% then ease down firm the rest of the pedal travel. The truck is definitely smoother and linear and stronger throttle response. But will still have turbo lag if you pedal to the metal fast.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I too felt the difference, both in S and in D, right away. It is not huge, but it is significant and, in my opinion, worth the money. I did not get any measurements to back this up, just my butt dyno talking!

OP
OP
Sktam

Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
That delay is turbo lag, if you slam it all the way down fast it will have that. If you want to avoid turbo lag, push down 30-50% then ease down firm the rest of the pedal travel. The truck is definitely smoother and linear and stronger throttle response. But will still have turbo lag if you pedal to the metal fast.
Yeah, I figured it was turbo lag and it needs to build up boost. But I always Thought the turbo was small and that cuts down the lag. But it’s my first truck and I have Remember it’s heavy lol

OP
OP
Sktam

Sktam

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Update!
Ok, after a few miles. I definitely like the change to the Non sport. The gears hang a little more, and I’m no longer having to go into sport when I’m going up on hills.
Sport does feel different but not the night and day people speak of. Going to give it more time. Also! MPG is better.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
MPG is better.
That, alone, is worth the upgrade! Tuning is a weird topic. If you aren't driving 'balls to the wall' all the time, then you might not realize what is going on. Less power dips in acceleration, broader torque curve, and drivability are all things improved with a tune. I don't have the FP tune (or any tune) but the FP is on my list. I need to keep the factory warranty.
Sponsored