Just got a Ranger XL, anyone can help improve it?

Nicolaidis

First Name
Nicolo'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL 2019
Hello everyone,

Ive just bought a Ranger XL 2019.
I needed a truck for my farm, to move wood, gravel and such, so I went for the cheaper option, especially since it comes with vinil/plastic flooring, which is great and I can easily get the dirt out of it easily.

Also, don’t know why but the XL version here where I live (Panamá) has waaaay less features than the XL there in the states or anywhere else.

So I’ve got no electric mirros, no electric windows, no diff lock, and a bunch of other interior/exterior minor things. Of course because I saved like 15,000 $, so I’m not worried nor unhappy.

As a side note, I REALLY wanted a manual transmission, and the XL was the only one version with manual transmission!

I’m fine with the car, but I’d love to spend some money and add what I need, by fixing some missing things.

The problem is I’m not able to find OEM or high quality parts in this country.

Maybe you guys can help me find some of the parts. I bet I can find a couple of online stores and I can have the parts shipped to my house here in Panamá.

What I’m looking for:
- central console / arm rest (I guess the one for the Wildtrak or Lariat can be installed into my XL)
- OEM fog lights
- 5’ bed cover

Well there’s something else but those three really matter the most to me.

Anyone can help?

Thanks
Sponsored

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
Hello everyone,

I needed a truck for my farm, to move wood, gravel and such, so I went for the cheaper option, especially since it comes with vinil/plastic flooring, which is great and I can easily get the dirt out of it easily.

Also, don’t know why but the XL version here where I live (Panamá) has waaaay less features than the XL there in the states or anywhere else.

So I’ve got no electric mirros, no electric windows, no diff lock, and a bunch of other interior/exterior minor things. Of course because I saved like 15,000 $, so I’m not worried nor unhappy.

As a side note, I REALLY wanted a manual transmission, and the XL was the only one version with manual transmission!

I’m fine with the car, but I’d love to spend some money and add what I need, by fixing some missing things.

Maybe you guys can help me find some of the parts. I bet I can find a couple of online stores and I can have the parts shipped to my house here in Panamá.

What I’m looking for:
- central console / arm rest (I guess the one for the Wildtrak or Lariat can be installed into my XL)
- OEM fog lights
- 5’ bed cover

Anyone can help?

Thanks
No electric windows. WOW I don't think I have seen roll down windows in over 10 years.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

What I’m looking for:
- OEM fog lights
- 5’ bed cover

Anyone can help?

Thanks
Welcome!

One of our site sponsors does ship things abroad. @Stage3Motorsports @Jason@Stage3

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/Stage-3s-International-Shipping-Policy-Quote.html

OP
OP

Nicolaidis

First Name
Nicolo'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL 2019
That’s my car!

So you’re telling me that here in Panamá they sell the 2017 model as the 2019 model?

Well I must say that I tried the wildtrak and it seemed less detailed and packed with features then what I see on YouTube (UK, Australia, Philippines).

Anyways I guess it’s easier to find the parts that I need? Such as the central control / armrest.

Here’s my “2019” XL FYI:

DCDDB990-8359-4105-8EE4-178E3B215F60.jpeg

120F3A5E-CA05-4C7D-9552-8F6FF8F2C717.jpeg

9783ED7B-C5E7-4099-8FF5-FE4DB6D420CF.jpeg

E110A2FC-0E89-48DA-BE66-9F3846BF4EB1.jpeg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
That’s my car!

So you’re telling me that here in Panamá they sell the 2017 model as the 2019 model?

Well I must say that I tried the wildtrak and it seemed less detailed and packed with features then what I see on YouTube (UK, Australia, Philippines).

Anyways I guess it’s easier to find the parts that I need? Such as the central control / armrest.

Here’s my “2019” XL FYI:

DCDDB990-8359-4105-8EE4-178E3B215F60.jpeg

120F3A5E-CA05-4C7D-9552-8F6FF8F2C717.jpeg

9783ED7B-C5E7-4099-8FF5-FE4DB6D420CF.jpeg

E110A2FC-0E89-48DA-BE66-9F3846BF4EB1.jpeg
The T6 Ranger has been sold worldwide since 2011, but the US version is very high end compared to what you find in Latin America.

You should look for T6 Ranger parts from Thailand since it’s going to be cheaper & compatible with the Latin American T6 Ranger.

T6 Ranger fog lights:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=t6+ranger+fog+lights

OP
OP

Nicolaidis

First Name
Nicolo'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL 2019

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Man I would have loved a manual in my 2019
Me too! I'd have given up some of the amenities on the Lariat if I could have a manual again.

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
The T6 Ranger has been sold worldwide since 2011, but the US version is very high end compared to what you find in Latin America.

You should look for T6 Ranger parts from Thailand since it’s going to be cheaper & compatible with the Latin American T6 Ranger.

T6 Ranger fog lights:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=t6+ranger+fog+lights
Interior parts are the same as the US version, for the most part. Exterior is similar, but not all the same. The bed is the same, the frame is the same, but other parts are not.

We get better trim packages in the Global Ranger, as all XLTs and some XLs have diff lock standard.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
[
Interior parts are the same as the US version, for the most part. Exterior is similar, but not all the same. The bed is the same, the frame is the same, but other parts are not.

We get better trim packages in the Global Ranger, as all XLTs and some XLs have diff lock standard.
I thought the US spec ranger had a "new"/reinforced frame? Kind of an upgrade from the Global Ranger?

I would expect additional options in the 2020 US model - We will find out in about a month when the 2020 order book gets released. I'm pretty sure they limited the 2019 options to keep things simpler for the new production line as it got up to speed. From the sound of things, it looks like they were pretty successful at keeping the production issues down on a first year line.

skumancer

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX 2015 (Global Ranger)
Vehicle Showcase
Mini
[

I thought the US spec ranger had a "new"/reinforced frame? Kind of an upgrade from the Global Ranger?

I would expect additional options in the 2020 US model - We will find out in about a month when the 2020 order book gets released. I'm pretty sure they limited the 2019 options to keep things simpler for the new production line as it got up to speed. From the sound of things, it looks like they were pretty successful at keeping the production issues down on a first year line.
Minimal changes. That’s why the guys at Patriot Campers were able to get their PX2 tray fitted to the PX3/US Ranger with minimal modifications.
Sponsored