Just completed my first oil change

Stephen Demarcus

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just completed my first oil change at 10,339 miles... I also took an oil sample and sent it off for an analysis, so we'll see how the oil held up for that many miles.
20200704_115707.jpg

Once I get the results on the oil I'll share that information here.
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So if I'm understanding correctly this is also the first oil change on the truck correct? If so do yourself and your truck a huge favor from now on. Do your oil changes as close to 5,000 miles as possible!!! Yes Ford says you can go up to 10,000 miles on an oil change but unfortunately people like to take advantage of that and in time the engines go to shit afterwards. Just trying to give you some good advice out there.

OP
OP

Stephen Demarcus

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
So the results are in...
20200722_180127.jpg

Everything looks as is should for an engine that has just gone through it's very first oil change.

I am going to continue to send samples of my engine oil, and share my results with everyone here. I will let the results dictate how often an oil change should be conducted. If I see that 10k miles is too long based on the results, I will adjust accordingly. There are a lot of opinions on this topic, so I think a fact based thread, with results will be helpful for this forum.

Next oil change will be at 20k miles.
Sponsored