Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got home today and the AutoStop Eliminator was on my front deck, so I installed it.
IMG_20211029_140854435.jpg

Before I got home, I had about 23 miles till empty, so I decided I needed to fill up, LOL! I wasn't sure which grade to run, so I put 93 in and it was pricey! Do I need to run 93 in it? Can I use 87 and it not suffer too much?
IMG_20211029_093704028.jpg

I can say that on the previous/first tank of fuel, that the dealer put in the truck, I got 318miles out of it, which isn't too bad, since I live in the city and made 3 trips out to the countryside, to my dad's place. 19.3 average MPG's I'm sure some of that loss, was when I was playing with Sport mode, running up some twisty mountainous roads :)

On my old Ranger, I would get 200 miles per 18g tank, city driving only and I thought that was good :)
If you install the tune, 93 is the best option..
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
If you install the tune, 93 is the best option..
Yep, that's what I read a while ago. Tune will most likely be the last thing I install. I really dislike my Ford dealership, (I could install it myself, but don't want to ruin the engine warranty), can I take it to any ASE Certified mechanic to install it?

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, that's what I read a while ago. Tune will most likely be the last thing I install. I really dislike my Ford dealership, (I could install it myself, but don't want to ruin the engine warranty), can I take it to any ASE Certified mechanic to install it?
I called ford and ford performance and they both
I installed it myself. I called ford and ford performance and they both said since it was a ford performance tune the warranty wouldn't be voided.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I called ford and ford performance and they both

I installed it myself. I called ford and ford performance and they both said since it was a ford performance tune the warranty wouldn't be voided.
Hmmmm, that's not what I've been seeing... What number(s) did you call? I'd prefer an email, so I have a paper trail, if something ever was said, I'd have a copy of it...

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm, that's not what I've been seeing... What number(s) did you call? I'd prefer an email, so I have a paper trail, if something ever was said, I'd have a copy of it...
The ford performance number will come with the tune. You'll go online to there site register the number in before you load the tune to your computer, then you'll load it to the tuner.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The ford performance number will come with the tune. You'll go online to there site register the number in before you load the tune to your computer, then you'll load it to the tuner.
Bottom sentence here:
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10-42-46 2019-2021 RANGER ECOBOOST POWER PACK PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION.png

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bottom sentence here:
Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 10-42-46 2019-2021 RANGER ECOBOOST POWER PACK PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION.png
I know, I read that also when I got mine. If you're more comfortable taking it somewhere by all means do. Not sure what they'll charge you but I'm sure it won't be cheap.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I read that also when I got mine. If you're more comfortable taking it somewhere by all means do. Not sure what they'll charge you but I'm sure it won't be cheap.
I just bought the ford perimeter plus to get the remote start on my key bob and they quoted me $250 and its just a plug in play. To much money for something I can do myself..

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
No, I can definitely do it myself, but it clearly states it right there, to have a warranty on it, it has to be done by the dealer or an ASE cert mechanic... That's been the confusing part of these tunes this whole time... One person says I can do it without consequences and another person says just the opposite and my dealer is full of morons, salesmen and the performance people as well....

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No, I can definitely do it myself, but it clearly states it right there, to have a warranty on it, it has to be done by the dealer or an ASE cert mechanic... That's been the confusing part of these tunes this whole time... One person says I can do it without consequences and another person says just the opposite and my dealer is full of morons, salesmen and the performance people as well....
I hear ya bud, just telling you what I did. I wouldn't take it to your dealer being how they are I'd take it to a ASE Certified mechanic.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya bud, just telling you what I did. I wouldn't take it to your dealer being how they are I'd take it to a ASE Certified mechanic.
Indeed, but I don't know any ASE mechanics, since I've always done everything to my vehicles in my garage...

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed, but I don't know any ASE mechanics, since I've always done everything to my vehicles in my garage...
Yeah, me too. What I can tell you is, you're gonna love the gains and better shifting once you do get it installed.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, me too. What I can tell you is, you're gonna love the gains and better shifting once you do get it installed.
I do like what you got planned for your truck. I use to own a 2001 S-10 Extreme that was lowered and custom. Sure miss that truck but my divorce ended that.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I'll figure out something with it, when the time comes. I'll email Roush again and ask them, if I can install it myself and have the warranty?

I do like what you got planned for your truck. I use to own a 2001 S-10 Extreme that was lowered and custom. Sure miss that truck but my divorce ended that.
I too, had an Xtreme S-10, mine was an '03, reg cab, sportside bed, auto, 4.3! I bought it in '04, painted it Dodge Viper Blue, dropped it with Belltech spindles and leaf springs, shaved the steps/rear bumper, installed a pretty cowl hood on it, installed those sweet Street Scene Mirrors, and ZQ8 wheels. Lemme find a pic of it and I'll post it!

I loved that truck, drove it for 3-4 years, then it started acting up, local Chevy dealer said it was transmission, so I sold it to a guy in Georgia. He took it to his dealer and they said the catalytic converter was shot at 60ish thousand miles... They replaced the complete exhaust, manifolds to tips from of charge. He said after that, the thing hauled ass!

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Also, Monday afternoon, I sold my Miata to an awesome guy in Orlando! Yesterday (Tuesday), I took off work, deposited my funds from the Miata, which were a lot more than you would think a 20 year old Miata would be, but if you saw/drove the car in person, you'd understand :)
Upon all the research over last week, I found some new stuff I didn't know existed, LOL! I'm enjoying it so far, definitely nice, that I do not have to shift gears everyday, like the last 6 years in my old Ranger, LOL!
I came across your build thread while searching for tow mirrors for my '19 Ranger. I didn't see any tow mirrors in the thread (poor search?) but did see the Miata reference. Similarly, I sold my 2000 SE with 226K on the clock that I bought new in June, 2000 when I bought the Ranger. Loved that 6 sp and the grip the Miata had on the road. I miss that car but really enjoy the Ranger. Now, back to trying to find some tow mirrors.....
Sponsored