Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Holy, is that camber on the rear wheels? Pretty cool, are you going to do that too? Oh, I see they repositioned the exhaust too, are you doing that as well? I like how the air dam actually looks decent when lowered. It stuck out like a sore thumb stock height. Dang it, why do they have those stinky white side mirror turn signals when everything is blacked out. Shame, shame, shame. The SEMA truck is $40 away from perfection :p

Nice ride, welcome Jason. Excited to hear your modding journey.
Yes, its called "left rear tire in a hole" camber. Ha!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Jason,

I’m looking forward to watching this all come together. Like you, I waited anxiously for the Ranger’s return, traded my old (2001) XLT 4.0L 5-spd 4x4 for my 2019 XLT, and then did a few things to make it my own.

It will be very cool to see your lowered rig with the Air Designs USA styling kit. Some folks on here are definitely not fans of the kit but when it’s paint-matched, it really turns heads. On a lowered truck, it will be that much more dramatic.

Have fun with your build and enjoy your Ranger!
Thanks Duke!

I had almost the same, identical truck, as you did, to trade in, but they low-balled me big time on it..., so that's why I sold it to my co-worker friend. His 19-20 year old son loves it, so that's all that matters! I'm sure Ford would've thrown $5000 on the window and tried to sell it for that and honestly, they probably would've gotten it...

Yea, it sorta looks ricey, but not too bad. I hate some of the lifted trucks around here, some are hideous looking...

But, once I saw the SEMA Ranger, I wanted it immediately!!! I began on my little quest to track down every part on it and I've found every piece of info about it!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Got the front 2 windows tinted this morning. Apparently 30% is the new legal shade. I thought about getting them to match the rears, but those were 15% and illegal on the fronts, so I said, no thanks. He tried to get me to tint the entire windshield with 50% for $300, that's insane! It was bad enough that the 2 front windows were $220!
IMG_20211018_162750216_HDR.jpg

There's your Miata in the detached garage, dondonbabyraptor, LOL!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The Miata will have a new home, come Monday :) So, the mods are about to start on the Ranger! I'm probably going to use RK Sport Flares and some different wheels/tires though.

Reactions: Doc

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Gloss Black Mirror and Door Handle Covers this week, I'll try to get them installed this weekend, but I have a ton of things to do...

Yesterday, I ordered the Roush Weathertech liners, the Putco Lower Grille Screen and the Tailgate "damper", since I forgot to order all those last weekend...

This morning, I was browsing through the forums and found the Autostop Eliminator! I'll definitely add that to my list of parts to order, since I sometimes forget to hit the button...

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update. Saturday afternoon, I installed the Roush Weathertech mats and Monday afternoon, I installed the Mirror Skull Caps.

IMG_20211025_154422798_HDR.jpg

The mirror caps just said Gloss Black in the description and if you hold them up to the truck, they look like they match, but looking at this pic I took Monday, the covers almost look Charcoal against the Shadow Black to me? I may get them painted, when I get the other parts from Air Design.

IMG_20211025_154309642.jpg

Definitely love these mats so far! As you can see, my boots are fairly dirty from just one day of work, and I even spray all the mud off my boots before I get into the truck, LOL!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Also, Monday afternoon, I sold my Miata to an awesome guy in Orlando! Yesterday (Tuesday), I took off work, deposited my funds from the Miata, which were a lot more than you would think a 20 year old Miata would be, but if you saw/drove the car in person, you'd understand :)

When I got back home, I started ordering parts! I think I spent almost $3k in parts yesterday, LOL!

This is what I've ordered:

Belltech 4"-6" Rear Flip Drop Kit w/Shocks from Switch Suspension (2 month back-order...)
Pace Edwards Switchblade Retractable Tonneau Cover from Stage 3
2019 Black OEM Tow Hooks from a Forum Member on Here
Lariat Engine Cover from Levittown Ford
Paint-matched Cab Spoiler from Dawn Enterprises/Sportwing
AFE Rebel Series Black Dual Tip Muffler Delete System from their website
Pedal Commander from their website
AutoStop Eliminator from their website

Also, from Amazon, I ordered:
2" "Stubby" Antenna
Matte Black Vent Visors
A Wall Bumper Guard, (so I don't crack my door against my garage wall when I open it...)

This is what's left to buy, once I get some more funds, LOL!:

Control Freak Front Drop
Roush CAI
Roush Tune
TurboSmart BOV
LED AlphaRex Luxx Black Headlights
Air Design Body Mods/Kit
Toyo Proxes 265/50/20 Tires
Method Racing 605 20x10 -24mm OS Wheels
Mountune Dual Oil Catch Cans
2019 Front Tow Hook Valance
Smoked Fender Flare Marker LED Lights
Paint Match Tailgate Handle
Raised Matte Black Tailgate Letters
Paint Match all the Air Design part

I may also get some ghost/matte black vinyl graphics along the sides of it, unsure at this time?

Hopefully, that's my new/updated list?

Upon all the research over last week, I found some new stuff I didn't know existed, LOL! I'm enjoying it so far, definitely nice, that I do not have to shift gears everyday, like the last 6 years in my old Ranger, LOL!

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Just got an email update from AFE Power and just like Roush and Belltech, they say it's going to be a 10-12 week delay on my order...

I'm also wondering how long it's going to take Air Design to ship their parts to me...?

America seriously needs to get their @$$ straightened out, this is worse than early 2020 was...

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm, the Mirror Skull Caps and Door Handle Covers are definitely a different Black, than Shadow Black... :( I guess I'll get them both sprayed Shadow Black, along with the other crap I have to get painted...

Anyway, I installed the Door Handle Covers today
IMG_20211027_161825393_HDR.jpg

After that, my Leer Pace Edwards Switchblade Retractable Tonneau Cover showed up and I installed it!
IMG_20211027_184523815.jpg

And my "damper" showed up as well, so I installed it too.
IMG_20211027_184553441.jpg

Within the next couple of weeks, I hope to order the rest of my parts and they actually show up in a reasonable amount of time...?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
So, just now, I ordered almost every piece of the Air Deign Body Kit:

Tailgate Spoiler
Tailgate Applique
Door Rocker Panels
Fender Vents
Hood Scoop
Fender Flares

Maybe they'll be here soon and I can get them painted quickly?

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Got home today and the AutoStop Eliminator was on my front deck, so I installed it.
IMG_20211029_140854435.jpg

Before I got home, I had about 23 miles till empty, so I decided I needed to fill up, LOL! I wasn't sure which grade to run, so I put 93 in and it was pricey! Do I need to run 93 in it? Can I use 87 and it not suffer too much?
IMG_20211029_093704028.jpg

I can say that on the previous/first tank of fuel, that the dealer put in the truck, I got 318miles out of it, which isn't too bad, since I live in the city and made 3 trips out to the countryside, to my dad's place. 19.3 average MPG's I'm sure some of that loss, was when I was playing with Sport mode, running up some twisty mountainous roads :)

On my old Ranger, I would get 200 miles per 18g tank, city driving only and I thought that was good :)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Things are moving right along Jason. I see @Doc is diggin‘ how this is coming together. He just might be more excited than you to see those drop kits get installed. ?

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've been on this forum since April '21, but a fan of Rangers for years. I just sold my 2003 Ranger Supercab Edge Plus 4x4 to a co-worker this morning, for his son. I had that truck for 6 years and never had a problem with it! 4.0, 5 speed manual, loaded!

So, on August 6th, my wife and I decided to ordered a new Ranger, the way we wanted it. I honestly didn't know you could even do that anymore! This is what we ordered:

'21 Ranger XLT
Super Crew
2wd
301A Package
Shadow Black
Black Appearance Package
Trailer Tow Package
Remote Start
Locking Rear Diff

When I heard the Ranger was coming back to the USA in 2019, I was ecstatic! I knew it was in Australia, as I follow a guy on YouTube, who has an offroading tour company and as most of your know, the 2012 Ranger was still made in Australia...

So, plans for my Ranger are: I am going to clone, (as close to as I can), the SCT 2019 SEMA Ranger! This one to be exact:
75398211_10156522837412554_2389516655836266496_n.jpg
My wheels will be the same, but none of that gold/bronze color on mine, or the vinyl on the side. This will be an all murdered out truck, similar to the one above!

Ford Dealer told us it would be 3-8 months before it would arrive. Last Thursday, Oct 14th, the dealer called me and said you're truck has arrived and we were all very surprised it showed up in 2.5 months!

Yesterday morning, my wife and I went the dealer and brought it home. Here it is, in our backyard, when we finally got home about 5-6pm!
IMG_20211016_181449972.jpg

Once we were home, I immediately got underneath it and removed the side steps. They were part of the Black Appearance Pkg and I didn't want them to begin with, LOL! This truck is going to be dropped, so they're most definitely not needed :)

So, today, (Sunday), I installed a 3" stubby antenna and the Raptor grille.
IMG_20211017_164530484_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211017_164518269_HDR.jpg

I've also ordered the "damper", some weathertech/Husky floor mats, Lower Grille Insert and even some Gloss Black Mirror Skull Caps & Door Handle Covers.

I have a ton of parts to order and hope it happens over the next several months. I will also have to get some parts paint matched.

I'm very excited about doing this (not excited about having a monthly payment though) and I should be around here for a long time!
Congrats, enjoy...

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I asked the dealer about adding intake and exhaust and they said I, personally, can do that, as long as I didn't go into anything on the engine. I'll read through the warranty stuff today. I do know, that when we were talking to them about the Air Design body panels, that Ford now offers through their site, the dealers' accessory guy said it was best to let Ford install them for me, as if it damaged the body or blew off while driving, the damages weren't covered under the warranty...

I told him, man, I've rebuilt cars from the ground up, in my garage, I DO think I know what I'm doing! He didn't like that answer, but he gave my wife and I a douche-bag feeling anyway, LOL!

They did mention something about tuning it. I was going to go with tuner, like SCT, but I'm wondering if you're referring to doing the tune at Ford? I'm planning on doing everything myself, which is why I didn't want to get screwed by the dealer... But my understanding of it is, if the dealer installs it, it's under warranty? If I install it on the weekend, it's voids whatever area I changed? Like, if I do the suspension myself, it'll void the suspension warranty part, which doesn't bother me one bit, LOL!

I remember watching some YouTube videos about the Mishimoto charge pipes working well with the TurboSmart BOV, so I do know where you're going with that. I just noticed that the Mountune intercooler and pipes were much more affordable, than the Mishimoto intercooler and AFE pipes, (I believe it was AFE pipes, that I saw?).

I've used Mishimoto parts before, like my K24 Honda engine swapped Miata, that I just finished a few months ago:
245958834_10220047599808532_1325658758418470890_n.jpg

244371338_1938303389670628_2013144532794045649_n.jpg

See my radiator ;)

I had this car completely stripped down at several different times, over the last 5 years! I'm actually trying to sell it, as the Ranger is going to be my new project! But this is just a tip of the iceberg of my mechanical knowledge with vehicles :)

Took me some searching this morning, but I found the AVS vent shades for a crew cab for $50 on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/Auto-Ventsha...lector+2021+ford+ranger&qid=1634550456&sr=8-3

And, for the lights, I found some quality LED bulbs for $200-$250, that were fit into an XLT and I noticed the difference. I do like these Alpharex LED lights though and at less than $800 isn't too terribly bad and I think it'll look more sinister with them, especially since I live in the 7th layer of hell and all...
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 05-09-31 19-21 Ranger AlphaRex LUXX Alpha Black LED Headlights 880121.png

Well, it's time to go to work, after a whopping 2 hours of sleep...
I installed the Alpharex LED Headlights and love them. Get compliments all the time..
Sponsored