Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting.

Where are the lane keep assist sensors located ?

Always thought it used the camera near the rear view mirror.
You are correct, the camera(s) is/are in the rear view mirror housing. I honestly don't even see how the wider flares could affect lane keep.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @j0shm1lls did you install that awe exhaust yet?
Hey Manny! Yep, its been on for quite some time, I filmed most of the install, but not sure if it was worth putting up a video of it. If its something people are interested in, I'm sure I can edit it together.

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Manny! Yep, its been on for quite some time, I filmed most of the install, but not sure if it was worth putting up a video of it. If its something people are interested in, I'm sure I can edit it together.
I am. was thinking of getting one. Im torn between the awe and magnaflow.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am. was thinking of getting one. Im torn between the awe and magnaflow.
I'll see if I can get some clips of the exterior revving / drivebys possibly but for now, @Stage3Motorsports has a pretty in depth review here

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

avinashzz

First Name
Avinash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger wildtrak 2020
Occupation
Engineer
And... it's done! I'll be putting up an install video in a few days, but here's the end result. I'm pleased! :)
5oY7Gnp.jpg
Great video. How long did the job take you? Nice air lift btw.
HI josh, would you know if those fender flare fit ford wildtrak 2020. Bushwacker 20955-02 Black OE-Style Smooth Finish 4-Piece Fender Flare Set for 2019 Ford Ranger

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
HI josh, would you know if those fender flare fit ford wildtrak 2020. Bushwacker 20955-02 Black OE-Style Smooth Finish 4-Piece Fender Flare Set for 2019 Ford Ranger
Sorry, I'm not sure what the differences are between the North America Ranger and the ROTW Ranger. I wouldn't want to say yes and then it not fit.

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Install video as promised!

Hey josh, hope you dont mind me resurrecting this part of your build. Thanks for the doing the install video btw! Quick question for you, I have a 2.5 rough country level waiting to be installed when i have time and im doing some research on the install and finding a bunch of horror stories of the cv coming unseated. I noticed that you went a different route with your install by removing the bolts at the rear of the lower control arm. Do you think that this method makes it much easier and less likely to unseat the cv as opposed to the "traditional" method? Do you need to replace those bolts you removed on the lower control arm or can they be reused and re-torqued to factory specs?

Your method looks a lot simpler with a lot less items removed and less downwards banging on the whole suspension system, which is giving me some confidence back to do this install.

OP
OP
j0shm1lls

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey josh, hope you dont mind me resurrecting this part of your build. Thanks for the doing the install video btw! Quick question for you, I have a 2.5 rough country level waiting to be installed when i have time and im doing some research on the install and finding a bunch of horror stories of the cv coming unseated. I noticed that you went a different route with your install by removing the bolts at the rear of the lower control arm. Do you think that this method makes it much easier and less likely to unseat the cv as opposed to the "traditional" method? Do you need to replace those bolts you removed on the lower control arm or can they be reused and re-torqued to factory specs?

Your method looks a lot simpler with a lot less items removed and less downwards banging on the whole suspension system, which is giving me some confidence back to do this install.
Hey John,

No problem at all! I went this route because its the way the autocraze guys on YouTube do it on all their (Australian) Ranger suspension mods and it just made so much more sense to me. You're gonna have to get an alignment anyway after doing any kind of lift so removing the LCA camber bolts isn't the end of the world. Just make sure you mark them before removing so you can kind of get them back close to where they were to be able to at least drive it to an alignment shop after the lift is installed. Doing it the way I did greatly reduces the chances of popping out the CVs, I didn't even come close. You don't have to replace the bolts either as they're made to be adjusted during alignments and whatnot.

Good luck with the install and let me know if you have any other questions!

richmondjd11

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Military
Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah, seeing other install videos and horror stories had me second guessing doing the install myself. But seeing your video just makes sense. And yeah reusing the bolts now makes complete sense. I was so focused on the technique i completely over looked that those are the camber bolts!

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
Do the ranger raptor wheels color match the paint on the bumper, from all the pictures I see of the ranger raptor wheels I can’t tell how dark they are?

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Do the ranger raptor wheels color match the paint on the bumper, from all the pictures I see of the ranger raptor wheels I can’t tell how dark they are?
I am curious about this as well. To me the pictures look like they are black in some and magnetic in others. The Ford performance website says they are Dyno Gray.

njdriver19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariet
I am curious about this as well. To me the pictures look like they are black in some and magnetic in others. The Ford performance website says they are Dyno Gray.
yup got the same issue, I thought they were being offered in two colors, summit racing has a pretty good price for the set
Sponsored