• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

J Brace for 2024 US Ranger

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2024 Ranger Raptor
I was looking in the owner's manual, and online and can't find any info on the J Brace for the US rangers, I know the Australian/European 23 rangers require them for any toppers/ladder racks. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for the US version which is why it doesn't show up in our owners manual?
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I was looking in the owner's manual, and online and can't find any info on the J Brace for the US rangers, I know the Australian/European 23 rangers require them for any toppers/ladder racks. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for the US version which is why it doesn't show up in our owners manual?

Hopefully they are coming pre-installed. Not sure if they could get away with that BS in the US. People here have expectations that you can put shells on your truck without adding an additional part that they could have just as easily added at the factory.

rdwyer

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Next Gen Ford Ranger Sport 4x4 ordered
Occupation
Retired
I would think the dealership could tell you. There is a part nr, it was mentioned on the Aussie YouTube video.

Sponsored

entersandmann

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1996 Mystic Cobra
Occupation
Controls Engineer
@GregFoutz are u guys planning on making a jbrace?

SparkyTWS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape (2024 Ranger Retail Order)
Occupation
N/A
I contacted my local dealer with this exact question so they could hopefully either verify that it's part of the US build or add it to the list of things to be added once they take delivery. I haven't heard back yet.

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Does anyone know why specifically they are needed? Like, why would Ford not design the truck with them already in?

Ford Ranger J Brace for 2024 US Ranger 1707266142346

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Does anyone know why specifically they are needed? Like, why would Ford not design the truck with them already in?

1707266142346.png
So they can hose you for more money on parts that should be standard equipment. Probably would have added like $5 in production costs and they are probably going to be a couple hundred bucks for the brackets and installation.

entersandmann

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1996 Mystic Cobra
Occupation
Controls Engineer
So they can hose you for more money on parts that should be standard equipment. Probably would have added like $5 in production costs and they are probably going to be a couple hundred bucks for the brackets and installation.
brother these are almost certainly hundreds of dollars to add to each truck on the assembly line, and they have very little benefit to anyone that isn't loading that part of the bed or contorting the frame. the tooling that would be required to retrofit this to the frame for anyone that isn't going to use it isn't justifiable.

I'll just use my fordpass points from the purchase to get them installed on my raptor.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also currently all signs are pointing to this being included on the US model considering it's not mentioned in the manual anywhere like it is the RoW ranger manual.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Also currently all signs are pointing to this being included on the US model considering it's not mentioned in the manual anywhere like it is the RoW ranger manual.
Which would explain why they cost cut on the rear vents when ROW has them. We might be getting J-braces in their place.

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Just refreshing this post now that the Rangers and Raptor Rangers are here. Does anyone have any new definitive answers for if these are still needed now that the trucks are in the US?

OP
OP
Harrington

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2024 Ranger Raptor
Just refreshing this post now that the Rangers and Raptor Rangers are here. Does anyone have any new definitive answers for if these are still needed now that the trucks are in the US?
I am 99% sure they are. I already ordered mine from my dealer and they are going to install as soon as they receive the truck. They have 2 models on Ford's accessory site. Raptor/non raptor

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the pictures another user provided of their XLT, it's not installed in the factory.
Sponsored