I've Ordered...what comes next?

Seaaggie

First Name
Orrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Edge / 19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
My dealer confirmed this morning that my order was being placed through their ordering dept. What should I expect to happen in the next phases of the build/delivery process? I see guys mentioning receiving VINs and window stickers...posting screen shots from a Ford Tracking App...

Never ordered a new vehicle directly from the factory so I have no idea what to expect...but I'm super excited!!!!
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
My dealer confirmed this morning that my order was being placed through their ordering dept. What should I expect to happen in the next phases of the build/delivery process? I see guys mentioning receiving VINs and window stickers...posting screen shots from a Ford Tracking App...

Never ordered a new vehicle directly from the factory so I have no idea what to expect...but I'm super excited!!!!
Since you ordered a Lariat 4X4 you should receive it in a timely manner. In about 8-12 weeks is Ford's estimate. Realistically you will likely get a build date and VIN in about 8 weeks if all goes well, and the truck in about 12.

Be patient!
These numbers can vary wildly. but we can hope the order system will stabilize soon.:fingerscrossed:
While it can be nice to buy a lot vehicle and have instant gratification, there is nothing like the anticipation and satisfaction of having something built just for you. :clap:
Good Luck and I hope it is everything you hope for delivered early.:like:

Last edited:

RangerCat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
No comes waiting, checking this forum every 10 minutes, waiting, calling your dealer for updates, waiting, checking the Ford order tracker repeatedly, waiting, looking for accessories, and oh, did I mention waiting?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
No comes waiting, checking this forum every 10 minutes, waiting, calling your dealer for updates, waiting, checking the Ford order tracker repeatedly, waiting, looking for accessories, and oh, did I mention waiting?
And then trying to track your build. And then waiting. And checking again. And then waiting. And looking at the forum again. It is a disease.....:like:

Reactions: Ric

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase