It's a bird, it's a plane, it's SUPERVAN: Ford unveils 2,000 horsepower electric Transit that accelerates to 62mph faster than a Bugatti Chiron hyperc

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ford has revealed its latest bonkers vehicles - an electric van that packs almost 2,000bhp.

It is called the Supervan and is the fourth iteration of Ford putting a bonkers powertrain into a commercial vehicle, having unveiled the first in 1971 by putting a GT40 V8 engine in the first-generation Transit.

The brand quotes a maximum power output of 1,973bhp from the zero-emission, quad-motor powertrain.

It means it can accelerate from a standstill to 62mph quicker than a ÂŁ2.5million Bugatti Chiron.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/e...upervan-accelerates-62mph-faster-Bugatti.html
3462E239-E774-4D6B-96A3-14AC57BD6E08.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'd hit it. They even did the GTs floating C-pillars in there. Pretty cool.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
well now we know what the mach e is capable of with heavy modifications... still not having one. mini van= erectile dysfunction :LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pretty cool but Ford should really concentrate on vehicles they still can't produce, like my Bronco. :mad: My buddy just got his last night, almost 2 years to the day and they're wasting time, parts and money on something as impractical as this? There was just an article posted here how Ford will be able to limit your speed so this makes absolutely no sense! :crazy:

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
You see impractical, management sees more billable service calls per day.
1 hour service response time?? Sounds like a challenge…..:LOL:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Pretty cool but Ford should really concentrate on vehicles they still can't produce, like my Bronco. :mad: My buddy just got his last night, almost 2 years to the day and they're wasting time, parts and money on something as impractical as this? There was just an article posted here how Ford will be able to limit your speed so this makes absolutely no sense! :crazy:
i would not wait two years for a shelby... Heres what i dont get broncos are showing up on lots for sale new and even used in my area. so if excess production exists to stock up dealers inventory why were the customers not first priority when they basically pre paid.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i would not wait two years for a shelby... Heres what i dont get broncos are showing up on lots for sale new and even used in my area. so if excess production exists to stock up dealers inventory why were the customers not first priority when they basically pre paid.
This wasn't supposed to happen if Ford had stuck to the original plan. They were supposed to build ALL customer orders before any dealers received inventory. We all see how that worked out. The only reason I'm still waiting is because all reservations (if converted to an order by 3/21) are price protected until 2023. So if I buy one off the lot it's cost me almost $3,000 more without being price protected.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
This wasn't supposed to happen if Ford had stuck to the original plan. They were supposed to build ALL customer orders before any dealers received inventory. We all see how that worked out. The only reason I'm still waiting is because all reservations (if converted to an order by 3/21) are price protected until 2023. So if I buy one off the lot it's cost me almost $3,000 more without being price protected.
seems ford gave folks a raw deal. not fair for you at all.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
While it's certainly a cool concept, I do agree with Dave here.

Ford should focus on building production cars for sale. Period.

If my company were having trouble producing or delivering product all "extra" activities would cease until we got it under control. I'm talking office ladies in the plant, and HR representatives on trucks delivering type of shit. I've seen it happen first hand.

Why hasn't Ford done this? All hands on deck to produce vehicles?

Ohh, I know why. It's because Ford has been hamstringed by UAW contracts and they can't do that.

So instead of sending the engineers down to floor to build real cars. They're stuck upstairs dreaming up and building one off concepts 'cause there is nothing Ford can do with them that's actually useful at this point.
Sponsored